Learn how to make the best single serving Vegan Mug Brownie made with healthy ingredients in just 1 minute! Indulgent, fudgy and so delicious- this recipe is also gluten free, oil free and refined sugar free.
Say hellooooo to mug cake #4 for mug cake week: Vegan Mug Brownie! Made in the microwave and ready in minutes. Like, 2 to be exact.
She is the answer to satisfy any sweet chocolate cravings.
Rich, decadent, fudgy and just pure deliciousness. Let's dive right in, shall we?
Healthy & Simple Ingredients
This recipe is especially special because it's made with just 6 pantry staple healthy ingredients!
- Drippy Nut Butter: Replaces the oil and gives a lovely fudgy texture. I love using tahini and peanut butter for this but you can use any variety you have on hand. I have also tried doing half nut butter and half apple sauce, the texture is slightly more dense but still delicious!
- Coconut Sugar: Any granulated sugar of choice can be used here. If you prefer a richer, less sweeter brownie reduce by half.
- Dairy Free Milk: No milk? No problem. Substitute with water! A tad less rich but still delicious.
- Oat Flour: I have tested this with all purpose flour, gluten free all purpose flour and spelt flour with success. I have not tried it with almond flour and coconut flour so can't guarantee it will work.
- Cocoa Powder: Cacao powder can also be used.
- Chocolate Chips: Add it into the batter and more on top!
Aaand if you have some vanilla extract, instant coffee, cinnamon and salt around add those in too! It really compliments the flavour of the chocolate.
How to Make a Brownie in a Mug
- Combine all the wet ingredients into a mug and stir well until combined.
- Add in the oat flour and cocoa powder and stir until there are no more lumps. If you have a little extra time, sifting the flours help with removing any of those pesky lumps of flour. Then, fold in the chocolae chips.
- Into the microwave it goes for 50 seconds. If it looks very undercooked just by looking at it, give it another 10 seconds.
And thats it! An ultra decadent single serving brownie, ready in 1 minute, crazy right?! Don't forget to top it off with some maldon salt, vanilla ice cream or coconut whip cream for extra yumminess (kinda not optional??).
Texture of Mug Brownies
This brownie is meant to be ultra fudgy but not pudding-y. You should still be able to detect crumbs so it's not just raw batter. Because there is no egg or egg replacements used, there isn't any structure so it is best eaten straight out of the mug.
If you prefer a more cake-y brownie, add in ⅛ teaspoon of baking soda or ¼ teaspoon of baking powder. Adding a bit of leavening agent will help rise the brownie just a bit to achieve that texture.
This brownie is best eaten warm (after it's been cooled for 2 minutes). As it cools, the texture tends to get more pudding like because it continues to steam as it sits in the mug adding more moisture. I also wouldn't recommend re-microwaving it. If you do want to re-warm it, I suggest putting a damp paper towel over it and nuking it for just 10 seconds.
More Vegan Mug Desserts to Try:
If you recreate this Fudgy Vegan Mug Brownie recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!Print
Fudgy Vegan Mug Brownie
Single serving microwave vegan mug brownie made with healthy ingredients! Fudgy, chewy, melty chocolate goodness. YUM.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free
- 2 tbsp drippy nut butter (30g // or seed butter of choice)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (24g // or sweetener of choice)*
- 2-3 tablespoon non-dairy milk (30-45g)
- 2.5 tbsp oat flour (18 // homemade or store bought)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (10g)
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips + more for topping (15g)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp instant coffee
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking powder*
- small pinch of salt (use if not topping with maldon salt)
- Add peanut butter, coconut sugar, 2 tablespoon non dairy milk and any of the add-ins in to a mug and stir until combined. Add in the oat flour and cocoa powder and stir until a batter forms. If the batter is too thick, add in the extra tablespoon of non dairy milk. Fold in 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips. Top with more chocolate chips if desired.
- Microwave on high (1000 W) for 50-60 seconds. The tops should just be cooked it's okay if the middle is slightly undercooked. Let it stand for 2 minutes (the brownie will continue to cook as you let it stand). Top with fancy salt, vanilla ice cream or coconut whip cream and enjoy!
- *If you prefer a more cake-y texture, add in ¼ teaspoon of baking powder or ⅛ teaspoon of baking soda.
- Helpful Equipment: 8 oz mug or bowl, 10 oz mug or bowl, mini spatula
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer) without extra toppings.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 468
- Sugar: 34.6g
- Sodium: 182mg
- Fat: 21.9g
- Saturated Fat: 6.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.6g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 58.6g
- Fiber: 7.6g
- Protein: 12.8g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: fudgy mug brownie, vegan brownie, gluten free brownie, eggless brownie, microwave brownie
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!