Sesame Miso Butter Udon Noodles – creamy, buttery and on the table ready to eat in 5 minutes! The perfect weeknight meal.
Udon noodles are one of my favourite weeknight meals to make because of fast and easy they are to cook up. Especially utilizing the microwave, they’re cooked in about 3 minutes!
How to Make Sesame Miso Butter Udon
- Udon noodles: I prefer to use frozen but dry can be used too! Even other styles and types of noodles work really well this sesame miso butter sauce.
- Garlic: Minced raw garlic is best but garlic powder can be used (quarter or half the amount).
- Vegan butter: or margarine.
- Sugar: for a touch of sweetness
- Miso paste: white or red miso paste.
- Toasted sesame seeds: If your sesame seeds are not toasted, toast them on a fry pan over medium low heat until fragrant to bring out their nutty flavour.
- Soy sauce: or vegan mentsuyu
- Vegetables: I used corn, lettuce (or cabbage) here but you can really use any vegetables have on hand!
- Togarashi, nori and scallions for garnish
The steps to making this recipe is exactly the same as my corn mayo udon recipe– made in the microwave to save time and connivence. However, you can also opt to boil the noodles over the stove top and cook the corn, cabbage and sauce over a pan too.
More quick & easy udon recipes to try:
- Vegan Tanuki Udon (Chilled Udon)
- Shouyu Butter Udon (5 minute, microwave recipe)
- Corn Mayo Udon (5 minute, microwave recipe)
- Yaki Udon
- Japanese Curry Udon
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
If you recreate this Sesame Miso Butter Udon recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
- 1 bundle of frozen udon noodles (about 200g)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp vegan butter or margarine (10g)
- 1 tsp sugar (4g)
- 2 tsp miso paste (10g)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, divided (18g)
- 1 tsp soy sauce or mentsuyu
- 1/4 cup canned or frozen corn (50g)
- 2 pieces of lettuce or cabbage (80g)
- nori, for garnish
- scallions, for garnish
- Place udon noodles into a bowl and microwave until 75% thawed and warmed (about 2 minutes total at 600W).
- In the meantime, grind 1 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds (this step is optional but it brings out the sesame flavour more).
- Add garlic, vegan butter, miso paste, soy sauce, ground up sesame seeds, sugar and corn. Mix everything well and then microwave for another minute.
- Top with togarashi, nori and scallions. Enjoy!
- Helpful Equipment: microwave safe with with a lid
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: entree
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: vegan, japanese
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Keywords: vegan udon noodles, miso butter noodles, miso sesame noodles, quick udon noodles
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!