These Vegan Date Sweetened Peanut Butter Cookies are insanely easy to make, perfectly chewy and tender on the inside. Made with just 5 wholesome ingredients, this recipe is naturally gluten free, oil free and refined sugar free!
Friends, they’re HERE!
I dug up an old old recipe that was stored on my hard drive from my university days and just had to share.
If you have been looking for a Peanut Butter Cookie that is:
- date sweetened
- vegan (dairy free, eggless)
- gluten free and flourless
- oil free
- refined sugar free
- fuss free
- perfectly soft and chewy
- peanut buttery
- and insanely easyyy….
Your search is finally over.
These healthy date cookies check off cookie woes you might have had. If you’re allergic to peanut butter or nuts, fear not because there is an alternative… keep on reading.
What You Need
These vegan peanut butter cookies only require 5 simple ingredients:
- Dates: SOFT!! dates here ya’ll- I always use Khadrawy dates.
- Non-dairy milk
- Peanut Butter: or any nut/seed butter of your choice.
- Oats: blended into a flour or you can use oat flour if you have it on hand.
- Baking Powder
I bet you grinned looking at these ingredients cause you know you already have them stocked in your pantry 😉
How to Make Date Sweetened Peanut Butter Cookies
- Add the peanut butter, dates, dairy free milk and blend until it becomes something like date paste.
- Add in the oat flour and baking powder and blend until a dough forms.
- Form them into balls and flatten them with a back of a fork. Bake for 20 minutes.
Yes, it’s really that easy!
And you could totally add in some chocolate to make them chocolate chip cookies. I haven’t tried using the oats as is, but I’m thinking they could successfully turn out as date sweetened oatmeal cookies! If you try this out, let me know!
I’ve tried to capture the texture of these cookies: soft, tender and chewy. I hope I’ve succeeded!
I hope I’ve also convinced you just how easy it is to make these (highly) addicting peanut butter cookies.
Go, go make these now! You will not regret it.
More Healthy Vegan Cookies to Love!
- Healthy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Salted Pretzel Chickpea Cookies
- Air Fryer Tahini Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
- Almond Flour Sugar Cookies
If you recreate this Date Sweetened Peanut Butter Cookies recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!