Easy oat flour pancakes that are deliciously fluffy and customizable. These healthy pancakes are vegan, gluten free, oil free and refined sugar free!Print
Easy Oat Flour Pancakes (Vegan + Gluten Free)
- 3 tbsp apple sauce (42g)
- 3 tbsp non dairy milk (45g)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or maple syrup, optional (15g)*
- 1 tsp vanilla (5g)
- 1 tsp acv (5g)
- ½ cup oat flour (50g)
- 1 tbsp potato starch (8g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon, optional
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup of your favourite add-ins (25-30g // blueberries, chocolate chips etc)
- Whisk together the apple sauce, non dairy milk, maple syrup, vanilla and apple cider vinegar. Add in the oat flour, potato starch, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Use a spatula and mix using a folding motion until just combined. Fold in blueberries if using. Some streaks of flour is okay. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium high heat. Add some water to test heat, it should sizzle and evaporate. Then reduce the heat to low. Scoop batter onto the skillet and cook one side for 5-7 minutes or until edges get golden brown. Flip and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with maple syrup!
- *if using maple syrup, reduce non dairy milk by ½ tbsp.
Update Note: Originally published on November 5th, 2016. Recipe slightly updated with new photo on May 23rd.
These pancakes are so delish and very fluffy ! Highly recommend !
What can I use instead of the applesauce ?
Lisa Kitahara says
Pumpkin, mashed banana, yogurt or blended silken tofu! I would add some coconut sugar though since those are not as sweet 🙂
Kassandra Salinas says
Wow these were really good and soft!!
I was looking for a healthier pancake recipe and you provided us with one. Thank you so much! Its in my weekly breakfast rotation 🙂