This Vegan Gluten Free Funfetti Cake is amazingly moist and fluffy with the most tender crumb. Easy to make with simple ingredients and 1-bowl! It bakes up a small batch which is perfect for snacking, as a quick weeknight dessert and small birthday gatherings.
Since sharing these super easy gluten free vegan vanilla cupcakes, I’ve been dreaming about a funfetti version. If you follow me on instagram, you may have seen me testing the funfetti version. Funny enough, I ran out of cupcake liners after the first trial run, which is how this cake was born. I figured I could do a second trial in a small loaf pan while I waited for my cupcake liners to come in. One of the best choices I’ve made when it comes to baking!
I was so pleased with how this cake turned out in a loaf pan, I decided to keep and share this method instead. I just love how quick and easy it is to put together and that it’s a small enough batch for Eric and I to split.
Plus, this vegan funfetti cake is perfect for all occasions:
- for snacking
- for small birthday celebrations
- for a cute date night
- for girls night in
- for a quick fuss-free weeknight dessert
And if you wanted, you could double the recipe and make a layer cake for larger parties!
How to Make Vegan Gluten Free Funfetti Cake
As per usual, this gluten free vegan birthday cake is incredibly simple and easy to make, using minimal pantry staple ingredients and 1-bowl.
To keep this small batch funfetti cake gluten free, oil free, nut free, dairy free AND eggless the ingredients are very specific. I’ve only tested this recipe with the ingredients below so can’t guarantee that any other subs will work so please use your best judgement of making any changes.
- Lite Coconut Milk: Keeps this cake super soft and moist. You could also use half full fat coconut milk and half non dairy milk or replace it all with homemade nut milk that is higher in fat content.
- Coconut Yogurt: Adds moisture and also helps bind the cake together.
- Vanilla Extract + Almond Extract: The almond extract is optional but it really adds a lovely flavour so I highly recommend!
- Raw Organic Cane Sugar: Or any white vegan granulated sugar. I do not recommend using coconut sugar because it will darken the cake and also change the flavour.
- Fine Oat Flour: Use fine oat flour for a super fluffy cake and best results.
- Rice Flour: White rice flour NOT glutinous rice flour.
- Potato Starch: Be sure it is starch and not potato flour.
- Vegan Sprinkles: I made my own vegan sprinkles using this recipe and using natural colouring like turmeric, matcha, strawberry powder and beet powder.
You can use your favourite vegan frosting for this cake! I used some coconut whipping cream for a light and fluffy frosting.
- Wet Ingredients: Whisk together the coconut milk, coconut yogurt, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Dry Ingredients: Mix in the sugar, oat flour, rice flour, potato starch, baking powder and baking soda. Then fold in the sprinkles.
- Bake & Cool: Transfer the batter into a prepared loaf pan and sprinkle on remaining sprinkles. Bake for about 30 minutes. The top should be slightly golden brown and springy to the touch.
- Frosting: Whip the coconut cream until light and fluffy with some powdered sugar. Once fully cooled, spread frosting on top.
Tips to Making this Small Batch Funfetti Cake + How to Store
- Do not over mix: once the sprinkles has been added, gently fold them in to prevent any streaks of colour. Quickly transfer to a loaf pan and bake so the sprinkles don’t overly bleed.
- Cake Size Conversion: I used a 9×5 inch loaf pan here but a 7×7 inch square cake pan or 7.5×7.5 circle cake pan will also work. The 7×7 inch square cake pan will be slightly more flat because of a larger surface area.
- Can I make this cake without sprinkles? Yes, without the sprinkles it bakes up a delicious vegan vanilla cake! Simply omit the sprinkles and replace with 1/2 the amount of sugar (so an additional 1.5 tbsp of sugar).
- Refrigerator: Once frosting has been added, keep in the refrigerator covered for up to 3 days. If frosting has not been added, keep at room temperature for up to 2 days half covered.
- Freezer: This cake freezes well (unfrosted) for up to 1 month covered. Thaw at room temperature with a damp paper towel around it. Once thawed, add frosting and then it’s ready!
More Vegan + Gluten Free Cakes to Bake!
- Very Best Vegan + GF Vanilla Cupcakes
- Lemon Cupcakes
- Black Sesame Cupcakes with Matcha Frosting
- Easy Vanilla Cupcakes (Nut Free)
- Blueberry Lemon Loaf Cake
- No Bake Salted Caramel Cheesecake
- Baked Cheesecake
- Strawberry Lemon Snacking Cake
I hope you try and love this easy vegan funfetti cake as much as we do! If you recreate this small batch funfetti cake recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!