This 15-Minute Garlic Noodles recipe is quick, easy and BIG on flavour. Made with just 7 pantry staple ingredients, these vegan garlic noodles are perfect for a quick lunch or weeknight meal!
If you’re in need of a quick and easy weeknight meal, look no further! This 7-ingredient vegan garlic noodle recipe is here for you. She’s buttery, garlicky and BIG on umami flavour.
What are garlic noodles?
Okay, to be quite honest I’m not sure if there is a specific designated dish called garlic noodles. I’ve tried garlic noodles from various asian restaurants from Chinese, Malaysian to Vietnamese. While they all have that similar buttery garlic flavour each variation has an extra somethin’ somethin’ added to it to make it unique like sesame oil, chili oil and parmesan cheese!
How to Make Vegan Garlic Noodles
- Noodles: I like to use either spaghetti wheat noodles or ramen noodles but of course, use whatever you got on hand. Use gluten free noodles if needed.
- Vegan butter: Of course for that buttery rich component.
- Garlic: The main flavour component here. You can add in as much as you like depending on how garlicky you like your food.
- Vegan oyster sauce: Either homemade or store bought. This is what gives it a ton of umami flavour!
- Soy sauce: Another one for umami and saltiness.
- Sugar: For a touch of sweetness.
- Chili oil: Optional but *highly* recommended especially if you like things spicy. I like to to use either my miso chili oil or chili crisp oil! You can also opt to use red pepper flakes for some heat.
- Cook the noodles: Follow the directions on the package and then rinse with cold water to stop them from over-cooking.
- Make the sauce: Cook the garlic in butter over medium low heat, making sure not to burn it! You get get it ever so slightly browned but it will continue to cook as you add in the other ingredients. Add the oyster sauce, sugar and soy sauce and give it a good mix.
- Coat the noodles: Lastly just toss in the noodles, add a bit of chili oil and serve!
More quick and easy noodle recipes to try:
- Abura Soba (soupless ramen noodles)
- Cheesy Kimchi Udon Noodles
- 10 Minute Pan Fried Noodles
- 10 Minute Spicy Peanut Noodles
- Garlic Chili Oil Noodles
- Spicy Chili Crisp Sesame Noodles
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
If you recreate this Vegan Garlic Noodles recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!