This Vegan Banana Snack Cake is moist, fluffy and easy to bake up in 1 bowl. The perfect any-day cake that can be enjoyed as a snack, dessert or even breakfast! Oil Free, Nut Free + Gluten Free Option.
Sponsored by Nature’s Charm
Bananas are one of those fruits I love to eat in any way but it’s original form. Frozen bananas made into ice cream? Yes please. Banana bread with a slater of peanut butter? Mhmmm. Banana muffins? Essential. Banana snack cake? I’m all in. If you give me a raw banana though… I’ll probably turn away 😂
So, today’s recipe is all about the actually delicious side of banana featuring this Banana Snack Cake. It’s fresh-baked, easy to make and so. damn. delicious.
I really didn’t think this Banana Snack Cake needed anything to make it better but I was wrong. Behold: coconut cream custard. OMG guys, this coconut custard from Nature’s Charm made this cake taste like… this custard banana cake I had in Japan. It also kind of reminded me of Tokyo Bananas which are these mini cakes stuffed with Banana Custard (so good).
Vegan Banana Cake Ingredients
Did I also mention it’s healthy too? Made with just a couple wholesome ingredient’s and your on your way to the best vegan banana cake you can snack your heart out on:
- Flax Eggs: replacing eggs used in typical banana cakes to ensure it’s not overly crumbly.
- Bananas: it’s a banana cake ya’ll.
- Non-dairy milk + Apple Cider Vinegar: the ACV reacts with the baking soda + baking powder to help make this banana cake light and fluffy.
- Coconut Sugar: keeping this cake not overly sweet and refined sugar free.
- Almond Flour: helps make this vegan banana cake moist since no oil is used.
- Tapioca Starch: makes this cake extra tender.
- Frosting/Topping: nature’s charm custard is AMAZING on this cake- plus you just open the can and spread! You can also make a cashew frosting or coconut whip cream (I love using Nature’s Charm Coconut Whip Cream too).
You will also need baking basics such as vanilla, baking powder and baking soda.
How to Make Vegan Banana Cake
This banana snack cake is super easy to make all in 1-bowl (yes to less dishes to wash).
- Add the wet ingredients together and mix until smooth and combined.
- Fold in the dry ingredients just until combined- do your best not to over mix! I like to use a large spatula and sweep the bottom towards to top to fold.
- Transfer the cake batter to a lined 11×7 (9×9) in baking tin and bake for 25-30 minutes, just until the top is golden brown and the cake is fully cooked through.
Be sure to let the cake cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then let it fully cool on a wire rack.
Once the cake is fully cooled, you can enjoy as is or take it to the next level by spreading on Nature’s Charm Coconut Custard, cashew cream frosting or coconut whip cream!
Watch How to Make It
Tips to Making the Moist Banana Cake
- Weigh Ingredients: As always, I recommend weighing the ingredients when baking for consistent and accurate results. Bananas are all different sizes so if you have larger bananas the batter may be too wet or if they’re too small, the batter may be too dry.
- Cool the Cake on a Wire Rack (!!): Please don’t let the cake cool in the pan, you’ll be left with a super wet cake cake (trust me on this one).
- Using Un-Ripe Bananas: I do highly recommend using ripe bananas but if you’re using yellow bananas, add in 2-3 tbsp of coconut sugar to compensate for the sweetness.
Banana Snack Cake Variations
While creams, custards and frosting is delish on this banana snack cake, you can make it healthier by skipping it and adding in mix-ins instead!
Think chopped nuts, seeds, dried fruit and of course- chocolate chips. I mean hey, Valentine’s day is tomorrow so if you need a last minute healthy valentines day dessert… here ya go.
How to Store Banana Cake
This banana cake is also an amazing healthy meal prep snack! It can be kept in the fridge for 3-4 days covered in an air tight container. Oh yes, also very freezer friendly. Slice the cake into squares and freeze individually in an air tight bag or container for up to 2 months. To reheat, just thaw at room temperature or place a damp towel over it and microwave for 30 seconds.
I hope you guys try and love this Banana Snack Cake as much as I do! Fulfilling all the cozy winter business, it’s:
- moist & fluffy
- loaded with banana flavour
- sweet but not overly sweet
- amazing with coffee or tea
- and comes out fresh n’ warm right out of the oven in under 1 hour!
What to do With Ripe Bananas? Try These Recipes!
- Vegan Banana Blender Oatmeal Muffins (coming soon!)
- Vegan Banana Protein Muffins (oil free)
- Healthy Banana Oatmeal Bars (5-ingredients / vegan / gf)
- Easy Vegan Gluten Free Banana Bread (no oil)
If you recreate this Vegan Banana Cake recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!