This Vegan Banana Snack Cake is moist, fluffy and easy to bake up in 1 bowl. The perfect any-day cake that can be enjoyed as a snack, dessert or even breakfast! Oil Free, Nut Free + Gluten Free Option.
- 2 tbsp flax meal + 5 tbsp water, mixed together and set for 10 minutes (15g)
- 1 cup ripe mashed bananas (225g // approx. 2 medium bananas)
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk (187ml // I used cashew milk)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (15g // or lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (96g)
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup spelt flour (160g // see notes for gluten free)*
- 2/3 cup almond flour (74g)
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch (15g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon, optional
- 1/2 cup mix-ins like nuts, seeds, dried fruit or chocolate chips, optional
- 1 can Nature's Charm Coconut Custard*
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Line a 9x9 or 11x7 inch baking pan (see notes for 8x8 or 6x10 inch pan).
- Into a large bowl add in the flax egg, mashed bananas, non-dairy milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla and whisk together.
- Sift in the spelt flour, almond flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Fold wet ingredients into the dry until just combined. Add in any mix-ins half way through mixing.
- Transfer cake batter to the lined baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Carefully transfer to a cooling rack and allow it to completely cool before adding on custard or frosting and slicing.
- Helpful Equipment: 9x9 inch baking pan, parchment paper, large mixing bowl, spatula
- Pan Size: if using a smaller 6x10 or 8x8 inch baking tin, made for an additional 2-3 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- To Make Banana Cake Gluten Free: Sub spelt flour with 1:1 gluten free flour OR 1 cup + 2 tbsp oat flour + 3 tbsp tapioca starch
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer) WITHOUT the custard.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: sweets
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 11.6g
- Sodium: 75mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.7g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: healthy snack cake, vegan banana cake, gluten free banana cake, healthy banana cake