Super easy homemade noodles made with just one ingredient! Chewy, bouncy and perfect with your favourite noodle sauce.
I’ve been wanting to learn how to make hand-pulled and band band noodles for awhile now but they definitely look like they require practice and skill. I called up my grandma asking if she would be willing to teach me and she immedietly said “just make the scissor cut noodles, they’re so much quicker and easier– perfect for you youngsters!”. I remember she would make these noodles for us when we would spontaneously pop by for a visit and she would stir fry them in XO sauce (oh, yes I did ask her if she would make a vegan version of the XO sauce and she’s on a mission now to perfect it 😂) and a savoury garlic hoisin sauce. It was freaking delicious, I remember that much.
I laughed and said well, okay how do I make that?! She basically taught me from start to finish in 10 minutes over face time, thats how easy it is. She promised to teach me how to make the hand-pulled noodles when I visit next, but for now I’m so excited to share these literally, fuss-free homemade noodles!
Super excited to share this easy recipe with you guys, lets get to it!
How to Make Scissor Cut Noodles
These noodles are probably the easiest noodles to make, ever. All you need is flour, water and a pinch of salt!
Throw those into a food processor and blend. Alternatively, you can mix the ingredients into a bowl and knead until a ball forms. Cover the dough t prevent it from drying out and let it rest for 20-30 minutes.
Then bring a pot of water to a boil and cut the dough into even sized strips. Once they start to float to the top, drain and serve with your favourite sauce!
The time it takes for them to cook will depend on how thick you cut the dough but it’s roughly 6-8 minutes.
What to serve these noodles with
These noodles pair well with any kind of sauce, really. I especially love using my Spicy Two Sauce for it but here are some more to choose from:
- Chili oil noodle sauce (coming soon)
- Spicy Chili Crisp Sesame Sauce
- Scallion oil sauce
- Kimchi garlic sauce (coming soon)
If you recreate this Scissor Cut Noodles recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
- 160g all purpose flour*
- 80ml water
- pinch of salt
- Add the flour, water and salt to a food processor and blend (or mix by hand). Add it to a bowl and give it a quick knead with your hands and form a ball. Cover and rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and the cut the dough into strips using scissors. Boil for 5-6 minutes or until they float to the top. Larger strips may require more time.
- Drain and serve with your favourite sauce!
- This is the amount for two servings but you can adjust the amount depending on how much you want to make just keep it as a 2:1 ratio of flour and water.
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!