This vegan Funfetti Mug Cake is moist, fluffy and full of vanilla flavour! Incredibly quick and easy to make in the microwave with simple ingredients. (Eggless, Dairy Free, Gluten Free + Oil Free)
Happy Friday AND day 5 of mug cake week! It’s time to bring the fun on and nothing says fun more than funfetti. Funfetti brings the party. *insert spongebob happy friday meme here*.
This mug cake was probably the most difficult to get perfect in terms of texture (as most vanilla cakes tend to be) but I’m so proud of how this version came out using minimal pantry ingredients thats are actually pretty healthy! Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Tahini: Replaces oil and butters. Cashew butter also works great but make sure it’s the runny kind!
- Oat flour: Yes, this mug cake is made with OATMEAL! So go ahead, have it for breakfast. If you don’t have oatmeal, all purpose flour works great too!
- Apple Cider Vinegar + Baking Powder: Since there are no eggs in this recipe, we need something to help leaven the cake and this duo does an amazing job.
- Granulated Sugar: When I make it for myself, I use coconut sugar to keep it refined sugar free BUT it does make the cake a little darker. If you want that white/yellow cake look, definitely stick to pure white sugar or cane sugar.
- Vanilla + Almond Extract: Vanilla is a given but the almond extract makes it so much more special. Not essential, but so worth adding it if you have some.
- Funfetti sprinkles: Optional, the cake it’s self is delicious but also not optional if you want a true funfetti cake.
How to Make Funfetti Mug Cake
Incase you haven’t jumped on the mug cake train or haven’t seen my previous recipes, here’s a quick run down of how to make this insanely quick and easy vanilla mug cake:
- Add wet ingredients in a mug or deep bowl and stir until combined. A 10 oz mug is best here.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir until a cupcake like batter forms. If you need, add 1-2 tsp more non dairy milk. Then, fold in the sprinkles if using.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Rotate the cup and then microwave for another 20-30 seconds. Rotating the cup ensures the cake cooks evenly on each side (prevents that tilting cake effect).
Let it cool for 2 minutes– it continues to cook a bit as it sits! And then top it off with some frosting, dairy free ice cream or whip cream! Add a bit more sprinkles too for good measure.
Texture checkkkk. Moist, fluffy and a beauty. Seriously, sprinkles makes everything more fun and pretty.
And nowww, it doesn’t have to be your birthday to celebrate your day with the perfect funfetti birthday cake!
More Vegan Mug Cakes to Try!
- Banana Bread Mug Cake
- Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- Cinnamon Roll in a Mug
- Blueberry Lemon Mug Cake
- Fudgy Mug Brownie
If you recreate this Funfetti Mug Cake recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!Print
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!