Almond Jelly is a refreshing, light and healthy dessert made with just 6 ingredients- perfect for the summer! Vegan & gluten free.
You GUYSSS!! Have you tried Almond Jello before? It's one of those foods thats reminiscent of my summers as a child. Traveling to Japan every summer to visit relatives, this was one of my go-to afternoon snacks to pick up at the convenient store because it's so dang refreshing. Unlike traditional jello made out of gelatin, this recipe uses Agar- the perfect vegan friendly substitute for gelatin! Agar is flavourless and colourless making it a super versatile ingredient.
The Almond Jelly that I used to buy came with syrup or fruit jam, but fresh fruit works perfectly as well! The flavour of almonds work perfectly with any sweet or tart fruit, and the contrast of textures from the lightly salted crunchy nuts make it even more delicious.
I hope you try this Almond Jelly & love them as much as I do because it's:
- vegan & vegetarian friendly
- gluten & dairy free
- healthy & refreshing
- the perfect afternoon pick me up on hot summer days
- fast & easy to make
If you make this refreshing Almond Jello please share it and let me know what you think by tagging me on Instagram @lisakitahara, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
- Blend all ingredients together except the agar powder. Once everything is well blended, add the agar powder in and blend for a few more seconds
- Transfer the mixture into a small sauce pan on medium heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes
- Pour the mixture into two cups equally and let it cool, and place in the fridge until it firms up
- Once firm, take it out of the fridge and add your favourite toppings such as fresh fruit, jam, compote and nuts!
- 100g tofu
- 2-3 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon agar
- ¾ c almond milk
- optional: ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Makes 2 servings
I am thinking about making this for Christmas With a fruit Mousse or Spekulatius topping or Something! Does it have to be silken Tofu?