This Balsamic Cherry Roasted Ice Cream is bursting with juicy roasted cherries enveloped in a creamy vanilla ice cream. With only 6 simple plant based ingredients, you can prepare a cool summer treat that will blow your taste buds away! Vegan, gluten free, dairy-free & nut free.
Cherry season has been poppin' this summer! I wanted to take advantage of the amazing price for a bag of these gems and make a dessert. I have been craving ice cream so much and remembered how much I loved cherry in my ice cream.
Now I could have just pit, froze and blended them up with a couple bananas and called it a day but I didn't think it would do the plump sweet and tart cherries justice. I wanted to bring out the flavours more. Truth me told, I decided to choose balsamic as my umami flavour because I passed by an aisle where someone had accidentally dropped a bottle and I was surrounded by the smell.
I have seen fruits being roasted in balsamic and balsamic over some fruity salads so I had high hopes... and WHALA! Out of the freezer came a creamy dreamy ice cream bursting with robust flavours of cherry with a hint of umami. Yum.
I hope you make this Balsamic Cherry Roasted Ice-cream & love it as much as I do because its:
- vegan friendly
- gluten, nut & dairy free
- made with only 6 ingredients
- healthy & refreshing
- packed with flavour
- simple & easy to make
- amazingly smooth and creamy
- perfect for a summer treat
If you make this recipe please share it and let me know what you think by tagging me on Instagram @lisakitahara, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
- Pre heat oven to 450 F
- Place whole cherries on a pan and roast for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, remove the seeds and toss in balsamic vinegar and place back into oven for additional 8-10 minutes. Let it cool and set aside.
- In to a blender add in the coconut cream, frozen bananas, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Pour in a bread loaf pan stirring in cooled roasted cherries.
- Place that into the freezer mixing every 20 minutes for the first hour and then letting it freeze for at least 4 hours
- 2 cups whole cherries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ PURE coconut cream or ½ c canned coconut cream*
- 3-4 frozen bananas
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Oven time: 15-20 minutes
- Freezing time: 5-6 hours
- Makes 4 servings
- * I like to use the brand Grace for Pure Coconut Cream and Thai Kitchen or Aroy-D full fat canned coconut milk