These Cashew Butter Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies are crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside and bursting with juicy blueberries! Made with wholesome ingredients, these oatmeal cookies are also vegan, gluten free, oil free and flourless. The perfect healthy breakfast, snack or dessert!
Current favourite nut butter: cashew butter.
Current favourite fruit: blueberries.
Current favourite snack: frozen blueberries dipped in cashew butter.
I don't know why it took me so long to realize that cashews + blueberries are a match made in heaven. So obviously, I had to merge them into a cookie- and what better way to start off the week with some banging stuffed blueberry oatmeal cookies?! Trust me you guys, these are INCREDIBLE. Like, I've gone through at least 2 jars of cashew butter last week munching my way through these cookies.
These healthy blueberry oatmeal cookies require just 7 simple ingredients that you *probably* already have in your pantry:
- Cashew Butter: pairs SO well with the blueberry flavour but you can totally use any nut or seed butter of your choice just make sure it's runny!
- Rolled Oats: we're keeping some whole and making some into oat flour.
- Aquafaba: I'm convinced this is the ingredient making them satisfyingly chewy but you can just replace it with half a flax egg or nut milk.
- Coconut Sugar: keeping these cookies refined sugar free and not overly sweet.
In addition, you will also need baking basics like baking powder, vanilla and salt.
How to Make Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
Oatmeal cookies are so easy to make because you don't really have to worry about over mixing since there isn't any gluten in this recipe. Plus, it's easily made in 1 bowl!
- Mix wet ingredients
- Mix dry ingredients
- Scoop out some cookie dough, flatten and stuff with blueberries
- Roll them back into balls, gently flatten them and bake for 12 minutes
And I mean.. you could just gently fold in the blueberries but I like the element of surprise of biting into a stuffed cookie.
Tips to Bake Oatmeal Cookies
- Use Runny Nut Butter: Dry nut butters won't mix as well and you may end up needing to add more liquid or cutting back on the oat flour.
- Don't Over Stuff: the blueberries might burst or cookies will fall apart when baking.
- Baking Times: For chewy cookies, bake for 10 minutes. For chewy-crispy cookies bake for 12 minutes. If you like your oatmeal cookeis crispy throughout, bake for 13 minutes.
How to Store Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Room Temperature: Store cookies in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- Freezer: Store in freezer safe containers/bags for up to 2 months.
I hope you guys try and LOVE these cashew butter oatmeal cookies as much as I do-- they're bursting with juicy blueberries and it's perfect with the crispy and chewy texture you get with the actual cookie! Have them for breakfast, snack or dessert-- they're actually the ideal cookie for any occasion!
More Healthy Vegan Cookies to Love
- Date Sweetened Peanut Butter Cookies
- The Best Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Matcha Cookies
- Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Air Fryer Tahini Oatmeal Cookies
If you recreate this Cashew Butter Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Cashew Butter Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
Gluten Free Vegan Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies made with good-for-you ingredients like cashew butter, oats and blueberries! The tastiest healthy breakfast, snack or dessert.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 9 cookies 1x
- Category: sweets
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Into a mixing bowl, whisk together the cashew butter, aquafaba, coconut sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Add in the oat flour, rolled oats and baking soda and use a spatula to fold the ingredients together.
- Once a thick cookie dough forms, divide the dough into 9 equal portions. Roll the dough and then flatten it with the palm of your hands. Take 3-4 blueberries and wrap the dough around the blueberries (refer to photos). Flatten the ball gently using your palm or fingers and place onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let it cool on the cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes and then carefully transfer to a cooling rack to fully cool.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 185
- Sugar: 9.4g
- Sodium: 222mg
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5hg
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.5g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 20.2g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan oatmeal cookies, blueberry oatmeal cookies, cashew butter cookies, gluten free oatmeal cookies
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!