These Salted Caramel Maca Cookie Dough Bars are no bake, vegan, grain free and gluten free! With a delicious sugary cookie dough base layered with a thick salted caramel and then finally topped with a layer of melted chocolate- these will be your new go-to treat!
I know, I post a lot about cookie dough and my love for it. I can’t help it, it’s probably my most favourite dessert ever. But guys, I am so excited to share this recipe with you.
These bars are magical. The base is moist and when you bite down into it you get that sugary mouth feel of real cookie dough. The caramel is sweet, thick and gooey with a nice balance of sea salt. And the chocolate just pulls it all together because.. well what can’t chocolate make better?
AND… valentine’s day is coming up. Valentine’s day means chocolate right? Lots and lots of chocolate! If you’re not in a relationship, it’s all good- just make them for all the people you love and of course, yourself. I know what I’m doing on valentine’s day: making a whole batch of these and watching the new episodes of Greys Anatomy 😉
If you make these irresistible bars, please share it with me and everyone else on Instagram and tag me @lisakitahara, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
- 100g almond flour*
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 c dates (160g)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean (or 1 tsp vanilla)
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 100g vegan chocolate chips
- Pop the coconut butter into the microwave for 10 seconds and then combine it together with the almond butter
- In to another bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients
- Pour in the coconut and almond butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix it together until when you squeeze the mixture it holds together (if it’s too dry, add in 1 tbsp of plant milk slowly until it starts to come together)
- Transfer into a parchment lined pan and press down until the base is even
- Pop into the freezer and move on to making your caramel layer by adding all the ingredients into a food processor and processing it until it turns into a thick paste
- Take out the base and spread the caramel evenly over top and then place it back into the freezer
- Meanwhile, melt your chocolate in the microwave or on a double boiler
- Once it’s melted, take it out of the freezer and then layer on the chocolate over top and spread evenly and then place it back into the freezer for 30 minutes
- Once the time passes, pop it out of the freezer and cut them into desired slices and enjoy!