These Pumpkin Chip Chocolate Blondies are thick, chewy and studded with gooey chocolate chips- the perfect easy treat for the fall! Plus they're healthy and made with just 10 ingredients in under 30 minutes. Vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and oil free.
So the pumpkin recipes continue. After making my Flourless Vegan Pumpkin Brownies, I knew I had to make a blondie version and I am SO glad I did! It took me around 4 recipe tests to nail the texture but it was SO worth it. Just look at the texture (!!), I got them to be the perfect texture of thick and chewy with the perfect bite feel. I also added some dairy free dark chocolate chunks for extra decadence but they can totally be omitted and still taste super delicious. The pumpkin pie spice really comes through and these pumpkin blondies have seriously become my favourite fall dessert this year! I'm so ready to share this recipe with you so lets get right into it 😁
Ingredients in these Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies
These pumpkin bars are made with just 10 ingredients that are much healthier than typical blondie ingredients. Here's what they're made of:
- Coconut sugar: gives these blondies a sweet caramel-y flavour
- Molasses: the special ingredient that helps make these blondies perfectly chewy
- Almond butter: to help bind these blondies together and give it moisture
- Pumpkin puree: of course, these are pumpkin blondies after all
- Pumpkin pie spice: it ain't a pumpkin dessert without pumpkin spice!
- Oat flour: replaces the flour and makes these blondies flourless + gluten free!
- Tapioca starch: helps bind these blondies together and helps with the chew
- Chocolate: for extra deliciousness 🙂
How to Make the Chewy Vegan Pumpkin Blondies
- Prep the sugar: Into a large bowl combine the coconut sugar and molasses together. Whisk together until it turns into a similar consistency as brown sugar.
- Mix the wet ingredients: Add in the almond butter, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients: Add in the salt, oat flour, baking soda and tapioca starch and mix until combined with the wet ingredients.
- Add in the chocolate: Fold in half of the chocolate.
- Prep dough for baking: Transfer mixture into a lined 8x8 inch baking tin. Flatten the tops with a spatula, your fingers or a flat potato masher (use parchment paper between the masher and dough so it doesn't stick).
- Bake: Top with remaining chocolate chips and then bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes. Rotate the baking tray at 10 minute.
Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into it and devouring!
How to Store Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Blondies
These vegan pumpkin blondies are best kept in the freezer to retain their moisture and will last for months. They can also be kept at room temperature in an airtight container for 2-3 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days. However, they do tend to dry out in the fridge so I highly recommend placing them in the freezer.
Additional Tips to Perfecting this Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondie Recipe
- Use pumpkin puree: NOT pumpkin pie mix.
- Oat flour: make your own oat flour by blending the same amount of oats in grams in a high speed blender. If you don't have access to a high speed blender, use store bought oat flour for best results.
- Coconut sugar + Molasses: we're essentially making brown sugar with coconut sugar, so these two ingredients can be replaced with regular brown sugar (142g total).
- If you like really chewy blondies, bake for 18 minutes or ever so slightly undercooked. For a more cake-y brownie, bake for an extra 2 minutes or so (around 22 minutes total).
I hope you give these a try and love them as much as I do! They've seriously become one of my fall faves this year. Enjoy! ♡
More Tasty Pumpkin Desserts to Love!
- Flourless Vegan Pumpkin Brownies
- Pumpkin Spice Protein Balls (6-ingredients + Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Kabocha Cinnamon Rolls (Vegan + Gluten Free)
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins (Vegan + Gluten Free)
- Vegan Crustless Pumpkin Pie
If you recreate this Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!