This easy Tandoori Tempeh Bowls is light, fresh and packed with good-for-you ingredients like quinoa and cucumbers! The perfect summer lunch or weeknight dinner ready in 30 minutes. (Gluten Free, Oil Free + Nut Free)
You know summer has unofficially come when you open the door and a gust of HOT wind strikes your face. Ouuuf.
When that happens all my body craves is light, fresh and bright meals.
- spiced quinoa with sweet ol’ RAISINS
- fresh zingy cucumber salad
- and crispy tandoori smoky tempeh
This combo of ingredients will nourish your body without making you break a sweat. Easy. Breezy. Delicious.
How to Make Tandoori Tempeh Bowls
This easy tempeh buddha-style-bowl is one of those throw everything into a bowl that hardly needs a recipe.
- Tempeh: High in plant based protein- perfect for hearty salads!
- Tandoori Tempeh Marinade: So flavourful and just infuses the tempeh with spices.
- Quinoa: This seed ‘grain’ is packed with nutrients, fibre, and adds an extra boost of protein and it’s gluten free!
- Cucumber: Perfect for springy-summer meals.
- Onions: A tip to get rid of it’s strong pungent onion flavour is to soak it in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Lemons: For taaaang!
- Cilantro: You could also use parsley!
- Raisins: Adds a bit of sweetness in contract with the tandoori spices (SO GOOD).
If you like more flavourful quinoa, you can add in some cumin, garlic powder and red pepper flakes for heat!
- Tempeh: Cut the tempeh into any shape of your choice (I like triangles) and then pour the marinade over– letting it rest for at least 15 minutes. I like to air fry the tempeh because it makes it extra crispy in half the time an oven would take! You could also bake it or pan fry it as well.
- Quinoa: Bring 1 cup of water or veggie broth to a boil and cook for 15 minutes. Then mix in half the lemon juice + raisins and set aside. If you have the spices on hand, add a bit for more flavour too.
- Cucumber Salad: Soak the onions in water to get rid of the bitterness. Slice the cucumber lengthwise, scrape out the seeds (save this for smoothies) and dice into 1 cm cubes. Then toss it with half the lemon juice and cilantro.
- Assemble: Add a layer of quinoa to a bowl, then the cucumber salad and tandoori tempeh. Top it off with some avocado, sour cream or coconut yogurt and DEVOUR!
The simplicity of this meal makes for the perfect summery fresh meal prepped lunch or weeknight dinner. A little spicy, super fresh, mega flavourful and those bits of sweetness from the raisins just hit the spotttt!
More Healthy High protein Vegan Bowls to Try!
If you recreate this Tandoori Tempeh Bowls recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!