Delicious high protein Vegan Tempeh Tandoori Bowls ready in 30 minutes! Smoky mega flavourful tempeh and a fresh cucumber salad all served over a bed of quinoa. YUM.
- 1 batch of tandoori tempeh marinade
- 1 package of tempeh (224)
- 1/2 cup quinoa, dry (100g)
- 1/2 small onion, diced finely (30g)
- 1/2 large english cucumber (100g)
- 1 lemon, juiced (45-60ml)
- 1 bunch of cilantro (38-56g)
- 2 tbsp raisins (20g)
- non-dairy yogurt
- non-dairy sour cream
- Slice tempeh into desired pieces. Pour prepared marinade over tempeh in a shallow bowl and let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Bring 1 cup of water or vegetable broth to a boil over medium high heat. Once boiling, add in rinsed quinoa and lower heat to a simmer. Place the lid on and cook for about 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and remove from heat.
- Place the tempeh in air fryer basket and air fry for 14-15 minutes, flipping half way. See this post for details on cooking tempeh and other methods.
- While quinoa and tempeh is cooking, dice the onions and soak in cold water (this gets rid of the strong raw onion flavour). Cut the top of the cucumber and then slice lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds and then dice into 1 cm cubes. Add cucumber, onions, cilantro, 1/2 a juice of a lemon and red pepper flakes to a bowl and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Once quinoa is finished cooking, add in raisins and remaining lemon juice and cilantro. Add in garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble bowls. Add quinoa to a bowl, cucumber salad and top with tempeh. Top with vegan sour cream or garlic yogurt and more cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
- Helpful Equipment: air fryer
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: entree
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, indian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 538
- Sugar: 16.7g
- Sodium: 1197mg
- Fat: 15.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.3g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 71.2g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Protein: 32g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: tandoori tempeh, vegan tandoori, tempeh bowls, quinoa bowls