Make weeknight meals extra delicious with these ultra easy Spicy Sesame Chili Crisp Noodles made in under 10 minutes! These Lan Gan Ma noodles are saucy, creamy and BIG on flavour.
If you’ve never tried or even heard of The God Mother’s Chili Crisp Oil (Lao Gan Ma)… pause right now. Go to your local grocery store or asian market to and grab yourself a bottle. If you like spicy, I promise you– you NEED this condiment in your life. Like, not to exaggerate but it will change your life for the better.
Chili Crisp Oil is highly versatile and delicious with dumplings, veggies, stir fries, rice, tofu and of course– noodles.
Type of Noodles: Dao Xiao Mian
You can use any kind of wheat noodles for this dish but I highly recommend using Dao Xiao Mian (AKA ribbon noodles or knife cut noodles). Why? They’re wide and the curly edges makes it ideal for holding onto sauce. However, if you are avoiding gluten you can use thicker gluten-free noodles of your choice.
Spicy & Creamy Lao Gan Ma Sauce
- Asian sesame paste: not to be confused with tahini
- Soy sauce: or tamari got gluten free
- Chinese black vinegar: or rice vinegar in a pinch
- Sesame oil & garlic: for flavour and aroma
- Lao Gan Ma (Chili crisp oil): the best thing ever, seriously
- Scallions & sesame seeds: for garnish
What is Lao Gan Ma?
Lao Gan Ma (老干妈), or “Old Godmother” is a breand of chili sauce condiments created by a women (on the packaging) in Guizhou, China who opened up a small noodle stand in efforts to support her family. She would make her own chili sauce and mix it with noodles which soon became so popular, she started to sell them! There are three variations of Lan Gan Ma: chili oil with black bean, hot chili sauce and spicy chili crisp. For today’s recipe, I highly recommend the spicy chili crisp!
How to chili crisp noodles (+video)
Not only is this recipe made with just 8 Asian-pantry staple ingredients, it also takes less than 10 minutes to make:
- Cook the noodles: follow instructions on the packaging
- Mix the sauce in a serving bowl: saves dishes by mixing the sauce directly to the bowl!
- Toss noodles & sauce together: drain the noodles, add it to the bowl with the sauce and toss until all the noodles are well coated
Get fancy and garnish with sesame seeds, scallions and more chili crisp oil to taste!
More delicious noodle recipes to try:
- Korean Bibim Guksu (cold spicy korean noodles)
- Vegan Japchae
- White Sesame Tantanmen
- Black Sesame Tantanmen
- Veggie Pad Kee Mao
- Curry Udon
- Peanut Ramen Noodle Salad with Crispy Tempeh
If you recreate this Spicy Chili Crisp Sesame Noodles recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!