Wide ribbon noodles coated in a spicy, creamy and flavour packed sauce! These slurp worthy lao gan ma noodles will give you life.
- 2 servings of wide and flat Chinese noodles (112g)
- 2 heaping tbsp of Asian sesame paste (40g)
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce (22g)
- 2 tsp Chinese black vinegar (10g)
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil (7g)
- 2 tbsp chili crisp oil, or to taste (28g)
- 2 garlic cloves, micro-grated (7g)
- 2 tsp maple syrup or sugar, optional
- 1 scallion or green onion (18g)
- toasted sesame seeds
- Cook the noodles following manufactures instructions.
- While the noodles are cooking, add sesame paste, soy sauce, black vinegar, sesame oil, chili crisp oil, garlic and maple syrup to a serving bowl and stir until combined. Transfer half of the sauce to another serving bowl.
- Once noodles are finished cooking, drain and divide between the two bowls. Toss the noodles into the sauce until all the noodles are well coated. Taste and add more sauce ingredients to your liking. Garnish with scallions, sesame seeds and more chili crisp oil. Serve and enjoy!