Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables and Chickpeas dressed in a Turmeric Tahini Sauce is the perfect fuss free weeknight meal on the table in under 1 hour. Also amazing for a easy vegan meal prep!
Perfect Sheet Pan Oven Roasted Vegetables + Creamy Turmeric Tahini Sauce = ❤️
I've been quite busy lately so sheet pan meals have been saving my life. It's incredibly easy, quick and hands free-- totally my kind of lazy meal.
This combo of potatoes, carrots, chickpeas, broccoli, cauliflower and onion hits all the food groups without whippin' out the pans, pots and all the cooking utensils. So hearty, nutritious and filling yum yum.
Just look at this bowl, vibrant and it's callin' yo name!!
Ingredients for Healthy Vegan Sheet Pan Meals
The thing I love about roasted vegetable sheet pan meals is how versatile and customizable they are.
Root Vegetables: Carrots, onions and potatoes are available and inexpensive all year around so they are definitely my go-tos. Parsnips, sweet potatoes and beets are delicious choices too!
Cruciferous Vegetables: I love the texture of roasted cauliflower and broccoli but you can opt to use brussel sprouts, cabbage or kale.
More Vegetables for Sheet Pan Dinners: Some more great vegetables to roast are green beans, asparagus, zucchini, winter squashes and bell peppers.
Protein: To make sheet pan dinners a complete meal, roast up some chickpeas, marinated tofu or marinated tempeh along with the vegetables.
Seasonings: salt, pepper, dried herbs (rosemary, thyme), spices (garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne).
Turmeric Tahini Sauce: This is my go-to sauce for sheet pan dinners because of how simple, quick and easy it is to put together. But of course, you can switch it up by changing up the sauces!
Add-ons: To make roasted vegetable bowls even more delicious don't forget to add on some avocado, nuts and seeds!
How to Make Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables
- First, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, a silpat or oil spray the pan with a light hand. Add the root vegetables and chickpeas and drizzle a bit of olive oil (or skip for oil-free) and toss with salt, pepper and any herbs/spices of your choice (love cumin, thyme or rosemary). Bake for 15 minutes.
- Prepare another pan and add remaining vegetables, and toss with olive oil and seasonings.
- Remove the first baking pan from the oven and place the second batch of vegetables in. Then using a tuner, move the root vegetables around to flip them and place it back into the oven for 10-15 minutes to finish roasting.
- In the meantime, prep the sauce by adding all the ingredients into a bowl and whisking it together.
Then once the roasted vegetables are out of the oven, assemble your bowls and drizzle on the turmeric tahini sauce!
If you have one large pan: after baking the root vegetables for 15 minutes just push them to one side and add on the remaining vegetables. Toss and coat with olive oil and seasonings and bake all together for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are crispy and golden brown.
Tips to Making Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables
- Shop in Season: buy seasonal vegetables or vegetables on sale that week to make sheet pan meals budget friendly.
- Cooking the produce: Root vegetables tend to take longer to cook so you want to add them 10-15 minutes before other vegetables. If you add them all at once they will finish cooking at different times and you may end up with burnt broccoli.
- Left Overs / Make Ahead: Prep extra for a delicious meal prep! Left over roasted vegetables are not as crispy BUT they still taste amazing. Divide them into meal prep containers and keep the sauce separate on the side. Roasted vegetables keep well in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. To reheat, microwave on high for 1-2 minutes until heated through.
Vegan sheet pan dinners are the perfect lazy weeknight meal when you don't feel like cooking but still want something wholesome and nutritious. Plus, it's also great for a fuss free meal prep in under 1 hour!
Sooooo, what are you gonna be roasting up tonight? 😉
More Vegan Sheet Pan Dinners to Try!
If you recreate this Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetable Turmeric Tahini Bowls recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!