Level up your hot chocolate with this rich Miso Salted Oat Milk Hot Chocolate! Ultra creamy, flavourful, and the perfect cozy drink to keep you warm. (Vegan, dairy free & refined sugar free)
I love anything salted. Something about salt added to desserts, especially chocolate just makes everything taste so much more decadent.
So, I had a random thought. Miso salted hot chocolate. Crazy but it’s kinda like soy sauce caramel, it just works. In fact, I’ve been adding miso paste to my hot chocolate for the past 2 weeks now and I’m OBSESSED.
Oh, and you know what else I’m loving right now? Oat milk. I get the hype now, friends. It is the perfect milk for hot chocolate, truly.
Ingredients for oat milk hot chocolate
This healthy salted hot chocolate is made with just 4 basic ingredients:
- Oat milk: for the creamiest hot chocolate. You can also use any milk of your choice.
- Maple Syrup: naturally sweetened! Substitute for your favourite sweetener.
- Cocoa powder: preferably high quality dutch processed.
- Miso paste: I used white miso paste since it’s more mild than red.
- Chocolate: optional, but makes it extra rich and delicious.
How to make creamy oat milk hot chocolate (easiest way)
This recipe is so easy and quick that it’s kinda dangerous. Simply add all the ingredients, except the miso paste to a small sauce pan and heat it up. Once heated, dissolve the miso paste and whisk until combined. Using a whisk is key here to remove any clumps in the cocoa powder and miso paste and to ensure the bottom doesn’t burn. If you do have a miso paste muddler, it’s really handy to quickly get rid of the clumps.
Pour into your favourite mug, top with coconut whip cream or marshmallows… or even ice cream and enjoy!
Enjoy this hot chocolate with:
- The best vegan chocolate chip cookies
- Cozy vegan pumpkin bread with walnuts and chocolate
- Healthier peanut butter oatmeal cookie bars
- Mochi stuffed chocolate chip cookies
- Flourless peppermint hot chocolate cookies
- Pumpkin chocolate chip blondies
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
If you recreate this Miso Salted Oat Milk Hot Chocolate recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!