Incredible Miso Chili Oil packed with umami, spice and crispy bits of garlic. This versatile condiment is perfect over rice, noodles, veggies, side dishes, over toast and so much more!Print
Miso Chili Oil
- ⅔ cup neutral oil
- ½ tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced (optional)
- 2 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp gochugaru
- 1 tbsp togarashi*
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- Add all the ingredients into a heat proof bowl (large enough to fit 1 ½ cups) except for the miso paste and sesame oil.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat until temperature reaches 350ºF.
- Remove from heat and carefully pour the hot oil into the bowl with the spices– the oil will sizzle a lot at first. Let the oil reach room temperature and then stir in the miso paste and sesame oil.
- Store in a sterilized jar and keep refrigerated for up to 2-3 weeks.
- *If you do not have access to togarashi (Japanese spice mixture) you can substitute with an extra tablespoon of gochugaru.