Homemade Japanese Sesame Dressing that is creamy, nutty and slightly tangy and sweet– delicious over salads, cooked vegetables, tofu and more! Quick and easy to make, this sesame dressing recipe is dairy free, egg free and can be made ahead of time. (Vegan)
More delicious vegan salads to love!
- Spinach Gomae (Japanese spinach salad)
- Sunomono (Japanese seaweed cucumber salad)
- Tataki Kyuri (Japanese smashed cucumber salad)
- Spicy Tofu Skin Salad
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
If you recreate this Japanese Sesame Dressing recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Japanese Sesame Dressing
Creamy and full of flavour, this Japanese sesame dressing is delicious over salads, vegetables, tofu, noodles and more!
- Prep Time: 5 minute
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: ½ cup 1x
- Category: sauces & dressings
- Method: mixing
- Cuisine: vegan, japanese
- 1 ½ tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 ½ tbsp roasted sesame butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan Japanese mayo (or substitute regular vegan mayonnaise)
- 1 ½ - 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1-2 teaspoon unsweetened soy milk to thin (optional)
- Add toasted sesame seeds to a motor and pestle and grind until grounded.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the soy milk to a bowl and whisk to combine. Add soy milk little by little until you reach your desired consistency.
- Use over fresh salad, tofu, noodles or as a dipping sauce. Enjoy!
- Helpful Equipment: suribachi (Japanese motor and pestle), whisk
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
Keywords: sesame dressing
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!