Easy, super tasty 5-Ingredient No Boil Baked Pasta is the perfect mix-and-bake weeknight dinner. Hands free healthy pasta recipes FTW! Vegan + gluten-free.
We all know about 1-pot pasta. We all know about instant pot pasta. But did you know that you can cook pasta in your oven? Oh dear friend, let me enlighten you of this fool proof method.
It’s quite mind blowing.
No Boil Pasta Bake Ingredients
It still amazes me how tasty you can make pasta with just 5 pantry staple ingredients:
- Pasta: I’ve found ziti and penne works best for no-boil pastas. You can use regular, whole wheat or gluten free pasta but the cooking time does vary (check recipe notes).
- Cashews: This is what makes this pasta so creamy and delicious! We’re making homemade cashew ‘heavy cream’. You could use full fat coconut milk as well but I find the flavour of cashew works really well with the sweet marinara.
- Marinara Sauce: I always go to roasted garlic marinara sauce because it’s already pretty flavourful but you can of course use your favourite marinara sauce and add more seasonings as you like.
- Vegetables: Spinach is my go-to because it’s easy to stir in and it doesn’t take time to cook. You can also use frozen mixed vegetables and let it thaw while the pasta is cooking. Or, throw in some left over meal prepped vegetables!
- Vegan Cheese: Technically this is optional… so this could be a 4-ingredient recipe but I think the vegan cheese makes it so much tastier! You could also use some nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan instead if you want a less processed option.
As always, I highly encourage you to customize this no boil pasta bake recipe to your liking. Add in a healthy dose of garlic powder, onion powder and oregano for more flavour. Add in some soyrizo, vegan meat balls or beans to make it higher in protein. The options are endless!!
How to Cook Pasta in the Oven
I could show you in one picture how to make the easiest no boil baked pasta: mix-and-bake everything into a glass baking dish. DONE. But I did want to show you the transformation of this magical dish:
- Add in the cashew cream (or milk), UNCOOKED pasta, marinara and any spices into a 8×8 inch glass baking dish and stir together.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through and the sauce has thickened
- Stir in spinach and top with vegan cheese.
- Place it back into the oven and broil for 5 minutes.
And then …. hello perfection *heart eyes*!!
Pasta does not get any easier than this. Just look at how perfectly cooked those penne noodles are, doused in a creamy marinara and melty dairy free cheese.
Seriously you guys, this hack is life changing. You’ll be making this easy no boil baked pasta again and again, I promise you.
More Delicious Vegan Pasta Recipes to Love:
- Vegan Pesto Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- 1-Pot Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
- Vegan Tempeh Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Hummus Pasta Bake with Chorizo
- 10 Minute Mexican Pasta Salad
- Mushroom Pasta with Soy Butter Garlic Sauce
If you recreate this 5-Ingredient No Boil Baked Pasta recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!