Easy, super tasty 5-Ingredient No Boil Baked Pasta is the perfect mix-and-bake weeknight dinner. Hands free healthy pasta recipe that is vegan and gluten free!
- 1 1/2 cup water (350ml)
- 1/2 cup cashews (65g)
- 10 oz gluten free penne pasta (280g // or regular penne if not gluten free)
- 20 oz roasted garlic marinara sauce (566g)
- 2 cups spinach (60g)
- 1 cup vegan cheese (100 g // sub 1/3 cup vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast)
- 1 tsp onion powder, optional
- 1 tsp garlic powder, optional
- 1/4 tsp cayenne, optional
- 2 tsp dried oregano, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Add soaked cashews and water into a blender and blend until smooth. Essentially, we're making a thicker cashew milk. Alternatively, you can use 350 ml of cashew milk or any non-dairy milk.
- Add the pasta, cashew milk, marinara and any spices if using into a 8x8 inch baking dish and stir. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes or until pasta is cooked through.
- Stir in spinach and top with vegan cheese. Place it back into the oven and broil for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Pasta: If using whole wheat pasta increase cooking time by 5-8 minutes.
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: entree
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 458
- Sugar: 8.1g
- Sodium: 992mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.4g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 73g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 14g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: no boil pasta bake, 5 ingredient baked pasta, cashew tomato pasta sauce