These yummy Vegan Matcha Energy Bites are made with just 4 ingredients and in 1 bowl! High protein, gluten-free & a nut-free option.
This recipe post is kindly sponsored by Nature’s Charm
Soo… I was looking through my blog and realized I barely have any energy bite recipes?! Which is insane because Energy Bites are one of those staple snacks I make every week to keep around because they’re not only highly delicious, but also so quick & easy to make. I mix and match a bunch of different ingredients weekly.
Sadly, I burnt out my food processor and was in a pickle because I’ve always used a food processor to make energy bites. At the same time, I received a bottle of this Matcha Sauce from Nature’s Charm and it had me thinking… I can use this as the sweetener and binder instead of dates! Since dates are the real reason why I NEED the food processor to get it into a thick paste, this sauce was perfect because it was nice n’ thick. And now these Matcha Energy Balls are made on REPEAT. They’re high in protein, perfectly sweet, chewy, tender and kinda really highly addicting.
Ingredients in Vegan Matcha Energy Bites
These Matcha Energy Bites require only 4 ingredients!
- Nature’s Charm Matcha Sauce – this acts as the binder, sweetener and gives a tasty matcha flavour
- Tahini – gives it some body and also helps bind them into balls
- Vanilla Protein Powder – bumps up the protein content and gives the balls some body
- Coconut Flour – helps absorb the matcha sauce and provides a nice chew
AND because I know some of you can’t get your hands on coconut flour, I managed to also make a oatmeal version!
- The same Nature’s Charm Matcha Sauce, Tahini & Unflavoured/Vanilla Protein Powder +
- Quick Oats – easier to mix in then rolled oats!
- Almond flour – helps the energy bites not dry out
How to Make Vegan Matcha Energy Bites
- Stir in all the wet ingredients together in a large bowl
- Add in all the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms
- Roll them into 1 heaping tbsp sized balls (around 30g each)
And thats it! Yep, no food processor needed for these energy bites so you can literally make it in any bowl you have! Thats the beauty of energy bites, they’re literally the easiest snack in the world.
Tips & Tricks for Making Energy Balls Without a Food Processor
- Use your hands to mix in the dry ingredients– trust me it’s so much easier
- The dough may seem really dry at first but need mixing in a kneading motion until it comes together. If you find it’s REALLY not coming together (it may just be that your protein powder is more absorbant), add in a bit more sauce, tahini or splash of plant based milk
- They’ll last in the fridge for up to 1 week covered in a airtight container (if they last that long!!)
More Healthy Energy Balls to Try:
- Healthy Peanut Butter Crispy Balls
- 4-Ingredient Nutty Chocolate Balls
- 3 Adaptogenic Superfood Bliss Balls
- Snickerdoodle Protein Bites
If you recreate this Vegan Matcha Energy Bites recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!