Snow Ball Cookies
- Total Time: 55
- Yield: 24 1x
- 1 (120 g) cup cake flour
- 6 (40 g) tablespoon almond flour
- ⅓ (43 g) cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ (80 g) cup butter*
- small pinch of salt
- Sift the cake flour and almond flour together.
- Whisk the butter until softened and then mix in the powder sugar.
- Add the cake flour and almond flour, and mix with a rubber spatula until well combined.
- When the dough comes together, wrap it in cling wrap and then roll it out into a log, about 1 inch in diameter. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C / 170 C convection oven.
- Slice the dough into 24 pieces, about 10-12 grams each. Roll into a ball and place on a parchment lined baking tray, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (14 minutes was perfect for my oven). Let it cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes until cool enough to handle. Add powdered sugar to a bag and toss the cookies in the bag while still warm. Place on a wire rack to cool. Serve and enjoy!
- *I used PC Vegan butter.
- **Matcha version: substitute 20 grams of cake flour for 10 grams of matcha powder.
- Old recipe: 150 g cake flour, 80 g almond flour, 40 g powdered sugar, 60 g neutral oil. Method: Mix everything together well with your hands until you can squeeze the dough and the shape stays together. Roll them into balls (around 20g each) and flatten slightly. Bake them at 170 (160 convection oven) for 12-15 minutes. Once almost cooled, sprinkle powdered sugar.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
Keywords: cookies, snow ball cookies, christmas
Leave a Reply