Silver Pin Noodles
- 80g rice flour
- 60 gluten free wheat starch
- 40 tapioca starch
- pinch of salt
- 10g oil (optional)
- 145-165g hot water
- Add rice flour, wheat starch, tapioca starch and salt in a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour in water and oil and mix with a spatula until dough forms. Cover with a damp cloth for 10 minutes.
- Knead dough until smooth (2-3 minutes). If dough is dry, add hot water 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Divide dough into 3-4 sections. Cover the remaining dough with a damp kitchen cloth. Roll out the dough into a log about ½ inch in diameter. Cut the log into ¼ inch pieces and roll each piece between your hands, about 1 ½ - 2 inches in length. Place them on a parchment lined baking tray or plate. Repeat until all dough is used up.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook until they begin to float. Drain the noodles, rinse under cold water and toss with a teaspoon of oil. Use them for your noodle dish of choice and enjoy!
Liesje Howard says
I made this recipe once and will make again and again. Thanks to your Instagram posts, I found these beautiful, simple, chewy noodle, then I looked at many YouTubes for a variety of input. I’m SO HAPPY that I used your recipe and instruction. Your exact measurements, plus the 2 starches with the flour, made a perfect product. Yum! I featured my noodles with my tofu scramble.
Can you make extra and freeze these before boiling them?
Lisa Kitahara says
I haven't tried freezing them but they do keep in the fridge! 🙂
Thanks For Sharing this amazing recipe. My family loved it. I will be sharing this recipe with my friends. Hope the will like it.