- 3–4 corncobs
- 1 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 2–3 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin (or 1/2–1 tsp sugar)
- Remove husk from corn.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and ass 1/2 tsp of salt. Place the corn in boiling water, reduce heat to medium and simmer 3-4 minutes. Turn off the heat and remove from water.
- In the meantime, stir together melted butter, soy sauce and mirin. Taste and adjust soy sauce and sweetness as desired.
- Heat a grill pan (or regular pan) over medium high heat. Place the corncobs on the pan and brush with the shoyu butter. Rotate the corn and then brush the other side with more shoyu butter. Repeat 3-4 times until grilled to desired amount.
- Serve and enjoy!