Shoyu Butter Grilled Corn
- 3-4 corncobs
- 1 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 2-3 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin (or ½-1 teaspoon sugar)
- Remove husk from corn.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and ass ½ teaspoon of salt. Place the corn in boiling water, reduce heat to medium and simmer 3-4 minutes. Turn off the heat and remove from water.
- In the meantime, stir together melted butter, soy sauce and mirin. Taste and adjust soy sauce and sweetness as desired.
- Heat a grill pan (or regular pan) over medium high heat. Place the corncobs on the pan and brush with the shoyu butter. Rotate the corn and then brush the other side with more shoyu butter. Repeat 3-4 times until grilled to desired amount.
- Serve and enjoy!
Perfect timing for the sweet corn in season at my farmers market! A simple twist that really brings out the sweetness of the corn. I don’t have a grill in my tiny Ny apartment but the oven/broiler worked just a good. Making this again next time I make a trip to the market 🤤
Summer is here and I'm here for this corn recipe!!! 🤤
Hey Lisa ,
Lovely meal . Just one tiny comment.
Can you please edit this part “ a boil and ass 1/2 tsp of salt.” I think you meant add . Then delete my comment. Thanks and good luck