Crispy, cheesy & spicy pancakes made with instant ramen! Learn how to turn a package of instant noodles into a delicious savory pancake.
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
If you recreate this Savory Ramen Pancake recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
- 1 bag (120g) instant noodles
- dried noodles
- seasoning packet
- dried vegetable packet
- 3 tbsp (30g) potato starch
- 1–2 tbsp (7-14g) cake flour*
- 4–5 tbsp (60-75ml) water (1:1 ratio of flour)
- 1/3 cup (30g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 40g nagaimo, optional*
- 2 (30g) scallions
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
Add-ins (up to 100g)
- shredded cabbage
- chopped kimchi
- thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms
- thinly sliced carrots
- shimeji mushrooms
- thinly sliced oyster mushrooms
- bean sprouts
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Break the instant noodle in half and cook for 3 minutes (slightly under). Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Into a bowl, whisk together the cake flour, potato starch and water. Grate in the nagaimo, add in the instant noodle seasoning packet (desired amount, I used a little over half a packet) and whisk together. Fold in the cheese, vegetable add-ins, scallions and dried vegetable packet. Add the drained noodles and fold it into the batter.
- Heat a pan over medium and add oil to coat the entire surface of the pan. Transfer the mixture onto the pan and flatten with the back of a turner. Cook until the sizzling sound softens (about 3-4 minutes). Place a plate over the pan and flip. Carefully slide the pancake back onto the pan. Drizzle sesame oil along the sides and cook until other side is crispy and browned (about 3 minutes).
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut into bite size pieces. Serve with some Japanese mayonnaise and enjoy!
- *adding more cake flour will make it more pancake-like in texture.
- **Nagaimo can be omitted, add additional 1-2 tbsp of water for a batter consistency.
- Helpful Equipment: spatula, mixing bowls, whisk
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: entree
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: korean, japanese, vegan
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Keywords: ramen pancake, instant ramen, shin ramyun
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!