Super quick and easy pan fried noodles packed with flavour! The perfect weeknight meal that is easily customizable. (Vegan + Gluten Free)Print
10-Minute Pan Fried Noodles
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
Super quick and easy pan fried noodles packed with flavour! The perfect weeknight meal that is easily customizable.
- ½ small onion, sliced (50g)
- 4 scallions, white and green separated (48g)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp minced ginger, optional
- 300g fresh gluten free / rice noodles (or can use 200g dry, pre soaked)
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mushroom sauce (or hoisin)
- 1-2 tablespoon chili bean sauce, depending on how spicy you like it
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 cups green vegetables of choice (I used spinach)
- Heat a fry pan or wok with 2 tablespoon of oil over high heat. Add onions and fry for 1 minute. Add the white parts of the scallions, ginger and onion and fry for another 30 seconds. If adding protein (tofu, vegan grounds, soy curls etc), add them now and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the green parts of the scallions and noodles. Then add all the sauce ingredients in and cook, mixing everything together (about 2 minutes). If using dry noodles, fry until noodles are cooked 90% cooked. Add a few tablespoons of water as needed to ensure it does not stick to the pan. Lastly, add a handful of spinach (of your choice of greens) and cook for 30 seconds or until cooked through (other vegetables may take longer such as bok choy).
- Transfer to a bowl, top with sesame seeds and enjoy!
- Helpful Equipment: wok or non-stick frying pan, wooden paddle
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
Keywords: stir fried noodles, chinese fried noodles, fried rice noodles
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!
Great, as usual! 💖
I appreciate a quick meal that's jam packed with flavour, loved this!!
Perfect! I made this for lunch and it was so quick to make. I used hoisin sauce and it was so tasty. I'll definitely make this more often. X
Honestly the easiest, fast dinner to make! I just threw in whatever veggies I had in my fridge (carrots, broccoli and baby corn) and it was soooooo good. My bf who didn’t like udon before now loves udon kekeke
Team hoisin sauce here. I would also like to thank Lisa for making me realize that four scallions is the optimal number of scallions for any noodle recipe. If you keep dried mushrooms (冬菇) in your pantry, rehydrate and they're great for the protein portion.
Anael Instant Propice says
Thanks for this recipe, very easy and quick indeed! 😀