This Mango Coconut Tofu Curry is creamy and spicy, yet perfectly balanced with freshness and sweetness thanks to the fresh mango purée. A super easy 30 minute vegan curry, perfect for the spring and summer season!
Who else is super excited for mango season? Mangoes are definitely on my top 5 favourite fruits list. They’re so sweet, juicy, creamy and can be used in so many kinds of sweet recipes like smoothies, tarts, cakes, panna cotta and jellies. They are also fantastic in some savoury recipes, like this Mango Coconut Tofu Curry I’m sharing today!
The fresh mango puree used in this curry balances out the spices by giving it natural sweetness and a very slight tart and sourness. It also adds to the very thick and creamy (yet fresh) texture along with the coconut milk.
This recipe is perfect if you love curries, but want a more fresh and summery variation of the more cozy and warming type of curries. Plus, it only takes 30 minutes from start to finish all in one pot!
You can also switch up the vegetables used in this recipe with your favourites but I find that bell peppers work really well in this particular recipe and broccoli is always a must in my curries because I love how it soaks up the sauce and makes the perfect bite along with some freshly cooked jasmine rice. If you need some more curry variations, here are some more of my faves!
- Summer Vegetable Thai Green Curry
- Red Vegetable Thai Coconut Curry (with chickpeas)
- Vegan Massaman Curry
- Vegan Japanese Pumpkin Curry
I hope you give this Mango Coconut Tofu Curry a try and love it as much as I (and my boyfriend) do! It’s:
- the perfect spring/summer curry
- made in only 30 minutes
- & so SO damn tasty!
Tips and Tricks to making Mango Coconut Tofu Curry
- If possible, use fresh ataulfo mango. I found that this variety of mango gives the best flavour and texture. But, you can also use mango puree if you’re in a pinch
I use this red thai curry paste, which is my go to and all time favourite. Be sure to adjust the amount of curry paste according to your liking of spiciness
- This mango coconut tofu curry keeps well in the fridge for up to 5 days and in the freezer for at least a month. To thaw, place in the fridge overnight and place back onto the stove until warmed through.
If you recreate these Mango Coconut Tofu Curry please share it and let me know what you think by tagging me on Instagram @okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!Print