If you recreate this Jabara Ponzu Pickled Cucumbers recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Jabara Ponzu Pickled Cucumbers (ジャバラきゅうり)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: side dish
- Method: pickling
- Cuisine: vegan, japanese
- 3 Mini Cucumbers (or 2 Japanese cucumbers) (200g)
- 4 tbsp ponzu (60ml)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (12g)
- ½ tbsp sesame seeds, optional
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- Remove ends of cucumbers.
- Place chopsticks on each side of the cucumbers and make diagonal cuts (about 1mm thickness) all the way. Flip to other side without changing direction and slice diagonally again.
- Slice into bite size pieces.
- Mix salt and water. Add cucumbers and massage the salty water into the cucumbers. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix seasoning ingredients into a bag. Remove cucumbers and squeeze excess moisture out. Add it to the seasoning back and remove air. Seal and allow it to pickle in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Add it to a bowl, garnish with sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: pickled cucumbers
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!