These cozy Falafel Bowls features homemade baked falafel, roasted vegetables and a delicious Jalapeño Cream Sauce. Healthy, satisfying and easy to prep! (Vegan + Gluten Free)
Bliss bowl? Buddha bowl? Warm salad bowl? I like to call 'em lazy girl yum bowls. Regardless of the name, bowls loaded with vegetables are just my kinda meals soooo, we'e welcoming another yum bowl to the blog: Falafel Bowls with Jalapeño Cream Sauce.
Ingredients for Falafel Bowls
Okay, before I get into what goes into this falafel bowl recipe I just wanted to say that I feel like buddha bowls are not really technically a recipe. It's more of a formula that you can play around with so please do change it up to whatever you have on hand in terms of vegetables and add-ins!
- Base: I used spinach in these bowls but I love adding kale or quinoa as the base too.
- Roasted Root Vegetables: carrots, onions, cauliflowers and sweet potatoes work really well with the flavour of the sauce.
- Fresh vegetables: tomatoes, bell peppers, sliced red onions and cucumbers.
- Batch of THESE Falafel Patties made with canned chickpeas.
- Toppings: nuts, seeds, avocado and sliced jalapeño.
- Jalapeño Cream Sauce: adapted from my vegan enchilada lasagna recipe (which is TDF by the way).
TL:DR Falafel Bowl Formula: greens of choice OR base of grains like quinoa/rice + roasted root vegetables of choice + fresh vegetables of choice + nuts/seeds for healthy fats + batch of baked falafel + falafel bowl dressing.
TIP: prep a batch of the baked falafels and keep them in the fridge for a quick throw together warm and cozy salad following the falafel bowl foruma.
How to Make *Yummy + Cozy* Falafel Bowls
- First, you want to make sure you have some falafel prepped and ready to go. If you haven't prepped any make them with the roasted vegetables to save time.
- Go on to roasting the vegetables tossed in salt, pepper and cumin for flavour. Add a bit of chili or cayenne if you're feelin' more spice.
- While the vegetables are roasting, prep the sauce by blending everything in a blender.
- Assemble the bowls by layering a base of spinach or grains. Then add in the roasted vegetables, fresh vegetables, falafel, toppings and drizzle with the creamy dreamy jalapeño sauce.
Have left overs? Perfect. You got yourself a falafel bowl meal prep! Store the roasted vegetables and falafel in an air tight container and keep it in the fridge. Keep the sauce in a air tight jar and take some to go with your meal. When ready, just toss everything all together, nomzzz. It's also super delish to dip veggies and baked fries in- just sayin'.
This warm falafel salad is so versatile and really a any-time meal. It's also a great way to clean out your friend at the end of the week! And hey, it's Friday today so how fitting 😉enjoy friends!
More Healthy Buddha Bowls to Try:
- Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetable Bowls with Turmeric Tahini
- Tempeh Gyro Bowls
- Asian Tofu 'Beef' Bowls
- Vegan Tofu Poke Bowl
If you recreate this Falafel Bowls with Jalapeño Cream Sauce recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Falafel Bowls with Jalapeño Cream Sauce
This cozy Falafel Bowl features homemade baked falafel, roasted vegetables and a delicious Jalapeño Cream Sauce. Healthy, satisfying and easy to prep!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: entree
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free
- 1 lbs cauliflower, chopped (450g)
- 3 medium carrots, sliced (300g)
- 1 large onion, quartered (200g)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil, optional
Creamy Jalapeño Sauce:
- 1 garlic clove minced (10g)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded (40g)
- ½ cup cilantro, packed (50g)
- ¾ cup cashew milk
- ½ cup soaked cashews
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Batch of Easy Baked Falafel, prepped and ready to use
- 3 cups spinach
- Optional: grape tomatoes, cilantro, parsley, avocado, lemon juice, nuts or seeds to top
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Peel and diagonally slice the carrots. Chop the cauliflower into bite sized florets. Quarter the onion. Add all the vegetables to a baking pan and toss with olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes mixing the vegetables at the half way mark. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Creamy Jalapeño Sauce:
- While waiting for the vegetables to roast, prepare the sauce by adding in all the ingredients into a blender and blending until smooth and creamy. Add more non-dairy milk as needed to reach your desired consistency.
Falafel Bowl Assembly:
- Add spinach, roasted vegetables, falafel and grape tomatoes in to bowls. Top with optional cilantro, parsley, nuts, seeds and avocado. Drizzle with creamy jalapeño sauce and devour.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 455
- Sugar: 17.6g
- Sodium: 834mg
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.1g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 76.6g
- Fiber: 18.7g
- Protein: 22.7g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: falafel bowls, bliss bowls, buddha bowls, Jalapeño cream sauce
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!