Learn how to make gyoza wrappers with this easy recipe!
If you recreate this Udon Gyoza recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Gyoza Wrappers ( 餃子の皮)
- Yield: 28-32 wrappers 1x
- 120g cake flour
- 120g bread flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 130-150 ml hot water
- Combine cake flour, bread flour and salt to a bowl. While stirring, add in 130 ml of hot water. Mix until the dough becomes shaggy and then start kneading with your hands. Add a little water if needed.
- Transfer to your work surface and knead the dough for 10-15 minutes, or until a mostly smooth dough forms.
- Cover and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into two portions.
- Roll out the dough about 1 mm (0.04 inch) in thickness. Use a 3-3.4 inch round cookie cutter and cut out the dough. Dust potato starch between each wrapper and keep covered. Gather dough scraps and form it back into a ball, cover and rest.
- In the meantime, work on the other piece of dough and repeat step 5. Repeat these steps until all dough is used up. You should get about 28-32 pieces.
- If not using immediently, store in refrigerator covered for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
- Helpful Equipment: mixing bowl, cooking trays, rolling pin, pastry brush
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!
it looks so good yummy , especially the wrappers are so crunchy. Thanks for sharing this recipe
Hi. Do you a have a recommendation for a gluten free version please? Thank you!
Beatrice & Marcel says
We saw your TikTok and immediately got to work. Very easy and delicious recipe! Thanks for sharing 🙂
To all who'll try this out: Don't skip on the hot water. It really helps with the dough not becoming too tough!
Déborah oliveira says
I'm Brazilian and I loooove gyozas, but it's almost impossible to find it in the city I live, specially vegan. Me and my friend tried this recipe and it went great! I absolutely recommend!