This Gochujang Brown Butter is nutty, spicy and subtly sweet. Perfect as a spread on toast, sandwiches, for elevating pasta sauces and more!
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
If you recreate this Gochujang Brown Butter recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
- 2/3 cup (140 g) unsalted butter*
- 4 (20 g) large roasted garlic cloves, mashed
- 1/3 cup (100 g) gochujang
- 1 1/2 – 2 tbsp (15 – 20 g) gochugaru (Korean red pepper flakes)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 – 2 tbsp (30 – 40 g) oligo syrup
- pinch of salt
- Add butter to a small sauce pan. Turn on heat to medium and let the butter melt.
- Swirl the pan as it starts to foam and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, or until butter is amber brown.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in gochujang, garlic, rice vinegar, oligo syrup, gochugaru and salt until well combined.
- Taste and adjust. Use immediately or transfer to a air tight container and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- *I used a vegan butter brand which browns (miyoko’s butter)
- Helpful Equipment:
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!