This creamy Cheese Kimchi Udon Noodle recipe is creamy, spicy and packed with umami flavour. All you need is 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to make this slurp-worthy delicious dish.
Quick udon noodles have been my go-to lunch or weeknight meal since my university student days– I have a whole note book of them for anytime I came up with a new yummy combination. Udon noodles are just so quick, easy and customizable based on whatever I have on hand! You guys requested more ‘just mix’ noodle recipes so today I’m sharing one that actually inspired my kimchi ‘feta pasta’ and misozuke ‘pasta’ where I added kimchi and used udon noodles instead.
The combination of chewy thick udon noodles and a cheesy, creamy, spicy sauce is just pure deliciousness and unlike the two ‘feta pasta’ inspired dishes, this one comes together in just 5 minutes. Plus, you only need five simple basic ingredients to make it! Let’s get to it! 😋
How to Make Cheesy Kimchi Noodles
The Ingredients (+Substituions)
- Udon Noodles: You guys know I love and always recommend either fresh or frozen udon noodles but feel free to use whatever you have on hand! You can even make these with other kind of noodles like ramen or pasta. If using other noodles, cook them first and then simply just mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Kimchi: I use my homemade vegan kimchi.
- Cheese: Use your favourite cheese of choice! I use my melty mozzarella cheese or Daiya shreds.
- Corn: For extra texture and a bit of sweetness. Add other vegetables if you’d like!
- Vegan Kewpie Mayo: Or regular mayo with a touch of sugar. You can even substitute with vegan butter for a bit of a different flavour.
Want it more spicy? Add some gochugaru or gochujang for an extra kick!
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, all you have to do is cook the udon noodles (I use the microwave) and then mix everything else together until the cheese melts. So quick, so easy and so damn delicious–– this is one to keep in your back pocket 😉.
More quick and easy udon noodles to love!
- Sesame Miso Butter Udon Noodles
- Mentaiko Cream Udon
- Shoyu Butter Udon
- Corn Mayo Udon
- Vegan Curry Udon
- Yaki Udon
- Chilled Tanuki Udon
If you recreate this Cheesy Kimchi Udon Noodles recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
Hungry for more? Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest for more deliciousness!
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!