Sweet and gooey apples are stuffed into a soft, fluffy cinnamon roll, and drizzled with a homemade caramel. A sweet and delicious vegan dessert to bring to any holiday party!
Apple pie and cinnamon rolls are a popular dessert during the holidays, so why not combine to the two? These rolls are so fluffy and oozing with sweet juicy apples. And to make it even more epic, it’s glazed with a homemade caramel that is ooey gooey and falls apart in your mouth right when you bite into it! The addition of the toasted pecans also adds in some texture and gives a nice balance to cut the sweetness.
I know making your own bread and rolls seems intimidating and a lot of work, but it really isn’t… just a lot of waiting time! I used a bread machine to knead the dough but you can easily do it with your hands. Combine the dough and roll it into a ball. Cover it, and let it rise until it has doubled in size. While I’m waiting for the dough, I like to get going on the apples, measure out the rest of the ingredients and begin making my caramel sauce. If your not up to making your own caramel sauce, you can definitely use a pre-made one! Once it’s out of the oven, drizzle it with the caramel sauce and toss on some more pecans. You COULD wait for it to cool down but I think baked goods- especially breads should always be eaten fresh 😉 If you’re bringing it with you to a party, you can heat it up in the oven on a low temperature or heat it up for a few seconds in the microwave.
I hope you love these Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls as much as I do because they’re:
- soft and fluffy
- stuffed ooey gooey sweet apples
- stuffed with toasted crunchy pecans
- and truly just oozing with holiday goodness
Tips and Tricks to making Vegan Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- If using your hands to knead the dough, mix the yeast with a little water first
- When adding in the salt, make sure it doesn’t touch the yeast and it disturbs the rising process
- After nuking the apples, it might be quite juicy. You would take out some of the juice, but it will yield a less moist stuffing
- When spreading the ingredients onto the rolls, focus most of the stuffing towards you so that you when roll it up, the stuffings don’t fall out
- When cutting the rolls into 6 pieces, I find cutting the ends slightly larger helps achieve an even side among the rolls
If you recreate these Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls please share it and let me know what you think by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!Print