Healthy Vegan and Gluten Free Banana Muffins that are super light, fluffy and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. Easy to make in 1-bowl, these freezer-friendly muffins are perfect for breakfasts or snacks!
- 1 scant cup banana puree (200g // 1 extra large banana or 2 small bananas)
- 3/4 cup lite canned coconut milk (180g)
- 1/3 + 1 tbsp tahini (90g)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (10g)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10g)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (80g)
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp oat flour (140g)
- 2/3 cup + 2 tbsp white rice flour (120g)
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch (30g)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2.5g)
- 2 tsp baking powder (10g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line or grease 10 muffin cups.
- Into a mixing bowl, add bananas and mash until pureed. Pour in the coconut milk, tahini, apple cider vinegar, vanilla and maple syrup and whisk until combined. Then add in the oat flour, rice flour, potato starch, baking soda, baking powder and salt and whisk until everything is well combined.
- Divide between 10 muffin cups and bake for 5 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 F and bake for another 22-25 minutes or until the top of the muffin is springy to the touch and toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle (a few cooked crumbs is ok).
- Let them sit in the pan for no more than 2 minutes and then carefully transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 7.7g
- Sodium: 174mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.4g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 34.5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan gluten free banana bread, eggless banana bread, healthy banana bread, dairy free banana bread