Vegan Sugar Cookies made with just 8 ingredients like cashew butter, gluten free flour and maple syrup. Easy to make and can be cut out and glazed. Perfect for special holidays like Valentines day!
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (128g)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (106g // add 1 tbsp if needed)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup super fine oat flour (90g)
- 1/3 cup rice flour (50g)
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch (10g)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Option 1: 1/3 cup coconut butter, melted + 1 tsp strawberry powder or natural food colouring
- Option 2: 3/4 cup coconut sugar + 1/2 tbsp non dairy milk
- Option 3: 1/2 cup powdered cane sugar + 1/2 tbsp non-dairy milk + 1/2 tsp strawberry powder
For the Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Into a large bowl whisk together the cashew butter, maple syrup and vanilla until combined. Sift in the oat flour and mix until a dough forms.
- Roll out the dough 1/4 of an inch in thickness. Cut out cookies using a cookie cutter and place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, just before the edges start browning. Once out of the oven, let them sit for 3 minutes then transfer to cooling rack when you an handle the cookies. Don’t let them sit on the hot baking sheet for too long or they will continue to cook.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before glazing.
For the Glaze:
- Option 1: stir melted coconut butter and sifted strawberry powder and glaze using a piping bag
- Option 2: blend coconut sugar until powder consistency and then add in 1 tsp of non-dairy milk at a time until it forms a icing consistency (it should be pipe-able but not too runny or thin).
- Option 3: stir the powdered cane sugar and nondairy milk until icing consistency.
- Helpful Equipment: light coloured cooking baking sheet, parchment paper, silpat, cooling rack, cookie cut out shapes, rolling pin
- Recipe adapted from my Almond Flour Sugar Cookies recipe.
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: sweets
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free
Keywords: valentines day, holiday cookies, vegan sugar cookies, gluten free cookies, cashew butter cookies, vegan glaze