These Vegan Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are thick, chewy, crispy and loaded with flavour. Made with a secret ingredient, these cookies easily come together in 20 minutes and no mixer is required! (Nut free, Oil free + Gluten Free Option).
- 1/2 cup browned coconut butter (125g)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (80g)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (85g)
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (60ml)*
- 2 tsp vanilla (10g)
- 3/4 cup almond flour (84g)
- 3/4 cup spelt flour (100g)**
- 2 tbsp corn starch (16g)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2.5g)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (2.5g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 chocolate chips (60g)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Into a large bowl add in the melted browned coconut butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar, aquafaba and vanilla, and stir until combined.
- Add in the almond flour, spelt flour, corn starch, baking soda and baking powder and fold it into the wet ingredients until just combined. Then fold in chocolate chips (this will finish off mixing the dry ingredients in and prevent over mixing).
- Use a medium cookie scoop and portion out around 16 servings onto a cookie baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Rotate the tray at 6 minutes to encourage even baking.
- Let them cool on the tray for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack and let them cool for another 8-10 minutes before eating.
- *Aquafaba Substitute: 1:1 plant based milk
- **Spelt Flour Substitute: Can also use all purpose flour or buckwheat flour.
- For Gluten Free: use 1:1 gluten free flour blend or 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp oat flour.
- Helpful Equipment: mixing bowl, spatula, cookie scoop, cookie baking tray, silpat, parchment paper
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: sweets
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 11.5g
- Sodium: 99mg
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated Fat: 5.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.7g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 20.6g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip cookies, vegan brown butter, coconut butter cookies