These Salted Pretzel Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies are salty, sweet and chocolate-y. Made with just 6 plant based ingredients, they’re healthy and high in protein thanks to the chickpeas!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed (287g)
- 1/2 cup roughly crushed pretzel sticks, (40g)
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp peanut butter (232g)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (80g)
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (45g)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Add them into a food processor and process until broken down. Add in the peanut butter, maple syup, vanilla extract and baking powder. Process until a smooth dough like consistency forms.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and crushed pretzels with a spatula or you can pulse it through using the food processor. Using a spoon or cookie scooper, scoop the cookie dough out onto a lined baking tray (around 1 tbsp size each).
- Top with some pretzel pieces. Place into the oven for 25 minutes, rotating half way.
- Allow it to cool and enjoy!
- I’ve found that chickpeas made from scratch yield better cookies than from the can, but for convenience, the canned ones work just fine.
- Best eaten the day of, but can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days in a air tight container.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Sweets
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: North American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 114mg
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 14.8g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: chocolate chip chickpea cookies