Turn your leftover crust into deliciously crispy and sweet Rusk!
If using crust:
- 8 pieces of bread crust, cut into 6 pieces
- 4–5 tsp butter (depending on amount of crust)
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
If using whole slices:
- 2 slices of bread
- 4–5 tsp butter (depending on size of bread)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- cut into 16 pieces
Over the stove:
- Over low heat, add the bread to a pan and toast until light golden brown.
- Turn off the heat and add the butter.
- Once melted, add the bread and toss in the butter. Turn heat on to low and then let it toast up until golden brown.
- Shake the pan as needed to prevent burning.
- Turn off the heat and then add sugar and shake the pan to coat all the pieces. Serve and enjoy!
- Place the bread in a toaster oven tray and bake for 1 – 1/2 minutes until light brown.
- Take it out of the toaster and toss in melted butter.
- Place it back into the toaster oven and bake for another minute until golden.
- Remove from toaster oven and sprinkle with desired amount of sugar.
- Helpful Equipment:
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: snacks
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: vegan, japanese
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Keywords: bread, snacks, toast