Pancake Hotdog meets Pancake Cereal. This sweet and savory brunch combo is one to try!
- 1 vegan sausage of choice
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour (80g)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup + 2-3 tbsp soy milk or oat milk (100-120ml)
- 2 tsp sugar (10g)
- 1 tsp neutral oil (5ml)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (5ml)
- maple syrup
- fried or fresh parsley
- In a bowl whisk together the soy milk, neutral oil and apple cider vinegar. Add the flour, sugar and baking soda and whisk until combined and the batter is smooth.
- Slice the sausage into 1/2 cm pieces. If you prefer to cook the sausage pieces a little first, do so prior to dipping into the batter. Dip the sausages into the pancake batter. Over low to medium low heat, add the coated sausages to a non-stick skillet and cook for about 45-60 seconds. Flip the them and cook for another 30-40 seconds or until golden brown. Swirl the pan to ensure non of them are stuck to the pan and then transfer to a plate.
- Drizzle with ketchup, mustard and maple syrup. Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
- Helpful Equipment: non-stick skillet, turner
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).