Quick & easy Korean BBQ Tempeh Rice Bowls packed with protein, veggies and full of flavour! The perfect healthy lunch or dinner for weekdays.
BBQ Tempeh Bowls
- 8 oz package of tempeh (224g)
- 1 batch of Korean BBQ marinade sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced (110g)
- 2 cups spinach (60g)
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced (140-160g)
- 2 cups cooked rice (400g)
- 2 scallions, sliced
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Remove tempeh from package and crumble it into a bowl with your hands and set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat. Add 3 tbsp of water of 1 tbsp of oil and sauté onions for 3 minutes until semi translucent. Add in the bell peppers and cook for another 3 minutes. Add in 2 tbsp of the marinade and continue to cook until peppers start to soften, about 2 minutes. Add in the spinach and cook for 30 seconds, just until spinach begins to wilt. Remove from heat and transfer veggies to a bowl.
- Place pan back on the heat, add 2 tbsp of water or oil and add in the crumbled tempeh. Pour 2/3 of the marinate over the tempeh and cook for 3-5 minutes, until tempeh soaks up all the marinade. Use a wooden spatula to move the tempeh back and forth on the pan so it doesn’t burn. Taste and add more marinade as needed. Remove from heat.
- To make the optional Sriracha mayo, whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Between 2 bowls, add the rice, veggies and tempeh. Garnish with sesame seeds, scallions and Sriracha mayo. Enjoy!
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: entree
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, korean
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 612
- Sugar: 20.6g
- Sodium: 1555mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 13.8g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 83g
- Fiber: 10.8g
- Protein: 33.3g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: korean beef bowls, korean bbq tempeh, tempeh recipes