This Korean BBQ Pulled Jackfruit is sweet, spicy and packed with flavour! It's easy to make, takes only 20 minutes and requires just 4 ingredients. So delicious paired with rice and Korean side dishes.
- 2 15 oz cans of young green jackfruit
- 1 package of soy curls (150g), rehydrated and drained*
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1-1.5 cup Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Additional korean side dishes or any vegetables you have on hand! Spinach, carrots, sugar snap peas are delicious paired with this.
- Optional toppings: green onions, sesame seeds, drizzle of sesame oil, sriracha.. etc
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Add in the sliced onions and fry until lighty browned and translucent (around 1 minute)
- Add in the drained jackfruit, soy curls, BBQ sauce and water. Stir to coat all the jackfruit and soy curls.
- Shred the jackfruit pieces with a fork until it resembles "pulled pork". Cook for 4-6 minutes. Stir and taste. Add more BBQ sauce, salt or pepper if needed. Allow it to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately over rice with some vegetables. Top with sesame seeds and green onions if desired.
* be sure to squeeze the excess rehydrated soy curls liquid out so that it can absorb the sauce well.
I used my home made Korean BBQ Sauce that is vegan & refined sugar free!
Store left overs in an airtight container. It will last up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Korean
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
Keywords: korean BBQ pulled jackfruit pork