An amazing quick and easy Vegan Japanese Curry Fried Rice made in one pan in just under 20 minutes. With curry flavoured rice, seasoned soy mince, vegetables and raisins, this fried rice recipe is one that’s worthy of keeping in your back pocket.
- 1/4 medium onion, diced (42g)
- 3 tbsp (20 g) soy mince, rehydrated (20g dry) OR 3/4 cup (160 g) grounds (I use plant based ground ‘beef’)
- 1/3 cup mixed vegetable (50g)
- 1/4 cup raisin (32g)
- 2 cups cooked white rice (400g // preferably day old)*
- 1 Japanese Curry Sauce Mix Cube, chopped (18g)*
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1–2 tsp butter, optional
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large wok or skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and fry until slightly translucent and edges begin to brown. Add the soy milk/grounds and cook for 30 seconds until heated through.
- Add in the frozen mixed vegetables and raisins and cook until warmed through (2 minutes).
- Add in the rice and use a wooden paddle to “cut” through the rice without mashing it until the rice scattered.
- Spread the chopped curry roux on top of the rice and carefully mix. The curry mix should begin to melt and become aromatic. Add salt, pepper and soy sauce to taste. Finally add the butter if using and toss one last time. Remove from heat and serve between two bowls. Garnish with fresh or dried parsley and enjoy!
- Day old rice works best here as it’s hard. Alternatively, you can use slightly under cooked white rice. This prevents the rice from becoming too soggy and mushy.
- If you don’t have access to Japanese Curry Sauce Mix, mix 1 tbsp S&B Japanese Curry Powder + 2 tbsp oil into a small bowl. Use this as your curry mix.
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: vegan, japanese
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 466
- Sugar: 13.7g
- Sodium: 1015mg
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.8g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 80g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 10.7g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: japanese curry fried rice, fried rice, curry