These Healthy Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Balls are sweet, salty and made with 4 simple ingredients. They’re easy to make, no-bake, vegan, gluten free, sugar free & the perfect treat for any time of day!
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (170g)*
- 1/3 cup dates, packed (110g)
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal (32g)
- Optional: 1/3 cup chocolate chips, to drizzle on top or coat (80g)
- Add peanut butter and dates into a food processor and process until combined and makes a thick paste like consistency. Add in 1/2 tbsp of coconut flour if your paste looks very liquidy (this will depend on how runny your peanut butter is or how moist your dates are). It should be thick enough that you can pinch the mixture between your fingers. Transfer into a large bowl and fold in crispy rice cereal. Take around 1 1/2 tbsp of the mixture and roll them into balls (I was able to make around 12). Place them on a lined baking tray and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Melt your chocolate chips. Once out of the freezer, dip the balls in or drizzle with chocolate chips. Place back into the freezer for atleast 5 minutes to let the chocolate harden.
- Store the finished crispy peanut butter balls in the freezer or fridge in an airtight container.
*Depending on your peanut butter, you may need to add in a bit of flour to make the consistency a little more thicker. If using a runny-er peanut butter or nut butter, I usually add in anywhere from 1-2 tbsp of coconut flour (can substitute oat flour or almond flour).
Keywords: Healthy Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Balls