A super easy vegan shoyu ramen recipe that comes together in just 5 minutes! Flavourful, warming and satisfying– perfect for weeknight meals.
For the ramen
- 1–2 tbsp soy sauce (15-30ml), to taste
- 1 tbsp concentrated vegan mentsuyu (15ml)
- 1 tsp mushroom sauce (5g // 1/4 tsp marmite)
- 1 1/2 tsp mushroom stock powder (5g)
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil (3g)
- 1/4 tsp agar (1g), optional
- 1 tsp aroma oil, optional*
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/3 scant – 1 2/3 scant cup water (350-400ml)
- 1 serving ramen noodles of choice, cooked (about 140g fresh or 80g dry)
- Cook the noodles following manufactures directions.
- While waiting for the water to boil and noodles to cook make the soup base. Add soy sauce, mentsuyu, mushroom sauce, mushroom stock powder, sesame oil, aroma oil, salt and pepper to a bowl and stir to combine.
- If using agar (I would do this with step 1 to save time), bring 350-400ml of water to a boil and dissolve agar. Remove from heat and add to the bowl with the sauce and stir. If not using agar, you can simply add in hot water from a kettle directly to the bowl.
- Once noodles are finished cooking, strain and add to the soup. Add your favourite ramen toppings and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: entree
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: vegan, japanese
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 418
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 2294mg
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 69g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 19.6g
Keywords: easy vegan ramen, quick ramen recipe, instant ramen recipe