5 Minute Vegan Ramen
Mega flavourful, 6-ingredient shio ramen made in 5 minutes! This easy vegan ramen is as easy as instant ramen but healthier and tastes so much better.
- Author: Lisa Kitahara
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: entree
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, Japanese
- 1 serving of ramen noodles, gluten free if needed
- 350ml - 400ml of water
- 1/8 tsp agar agar powder, optional
- 1/2 tbsp vegan mentsuyu (can sub 1/2 tsp kombu stock powder)
- 1 tbsp Japanese or Chinese mushroom stock powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- pinch of black or white pepper
- 1 heaping tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp sesame or scallion oil
- Start by bringing 350-400ml of water to a boil in a small pot. In another pot, bring water to a boil for the noodles.
- In the meantime, add the vegan mentsuyu, mushroom stock powder, salt, pepper, sesame seeds and scallion oil to a warmed bowl and whisk to combine.
- Once the water for the noodles begins to bubble, add in the agar agar and whisk for a few seconds. Once the water is heated, add it to the noodle bowl and stir. By now the water for the noodles should be boiling so drop them in and cook for the amount of time recommended on the packaging*.
- *Note: depending on what kind of ramen noodles you use, you may want to multi-task and drop the noodles in earlier if they need a longer cooking time. Fresh noodles take about 2 minutes whereas dry noodles can take up to 5 minutes.
- Helpful Equipment: whisk
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
Keywords: easy ramen, vegan ramen recipe, healthier ramen, instant ramen